Posts: 30 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Bulgaria
Hello there,
I read here about some persons that do not like their devices (n800, n810 and even n900) and want to share why I like my :-)
1. Great form factor - computer inside my pocket (really fits)
2. "It is A Great Computer" - and I mean real computer, not "single task at the time" shiny gadget
3. Great software that really brings value to the device:
- OMWeather - to know what will be the time during the weekends
- Conboy - to take my notes even when I am in to the tram
- Quiver - to see (and show to other) my pictures in very attractive way
- StarDict - to not get lost in to translation
- MPlayer - to watch all shows and movies that I carry with me
- Firefox - to browse web in a way that I do when I am on the PC
- Transmission - to have immediate access to full torrent content on the web
- Skype - for some conversations from time to time (in cost effective way)
- gFTP and ssh - for remote server administration (file transfer and monitoring)
- Evince and FBReader - to read some books
- Maemo Mapper - to find myself on the road
- Tons of small games that keeps me busy when I have time to be bored (Pipepanic, Hex-a-hop, Mahjong)
4. Great entertaining device for my daughters (Tux Paint and Media Player)
5. Connectivity and data transfer options as:
- to get images from cameras that store photos on SD card cannot be faster and easier (because of 2 SD card slots that device have)
- to send and receive file using bluetooth is working exactly as it is expected (till now I do not have a problem to connect to some computer or phone and to transfer files)
- to connect to wireless hot spots in the minutes so easy and intuitive
- to connect to the net using my mobile - this means to have net everywhere with me (on N900 is even easier - I think)
- to connect external keyboard or USB stick

And just to get back to "do not like" problem that some people have. For instance I am pretty sure that I will not be happy with 50 inch plasma TV inside my small flat and because of this I do not buy such even it is too fancy to have one of them on the wall. So next time just before you give your money for something just write down what you expect and go to the store - there have people that will help you with the choice and for sure will save you some money, because to call and to have simple calendar abilities is something that phone for 20$ can handle with easy.

Best Regards

The Following User Says Thank You to dzahariev For This Useful Post: