Posts: 151 | Thanked: 25 times | Joined on Sep 2006 @ Mexico City, Mexico
There seems to be a new issue with Opera in the new firmware.

Seems Opera is not handling correctly any REDIRECT received from a web server. Instead of doing the actual REDIRECTION to another web page, it presentes a

302 FOUND page with a link "here" to another page, the one you are supposed to be redirected.

I am not sure if this is related to the HTTPS issue that has been posted on the forum as well.

I am experiencing this with many sites. Any site that has a REDIRECT will make this happen. An example is the TABLETEER bookmark link on the default bookrmark settings, click on it and you will get the 302 FOUND page while on the previous firmware version it worked fine; it actually did the redirection.

This may also look like there are big changes in Opera that are messing things up.

Could any of you with an N800 with the latest firmware upgrade already installed confirm this REDIRECTS issue ? Thanks.

I had that problem with an old version of Opera on OS 2005... did you check to see that javascript support is enabled?

Well... haven't checked that. I will do so now. But, anyway the REDIRECT issue shoud have nothing to do with Javascript since the REDIRECT is an HTTP header, generated on the web server.

Well, just checked it and YES, it is enabled on the Opera with the latest firmware and the issue is still there (along with the HTTPS problem).....

Well, it turns out that there is indeed an ENABLE AUTOMATIC REDIRECTION on the Opera settings that actually takes care of "fixing" (for the lack of a better word) the 302 FOUND weird behavior I was experimenting.

I was not aware of this setting before. Checking on that field makes Opera behave normally in terms on redirecting pages.