Posts: 1,217 | Thanked: 446 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Bedfordshire, UK
Originally Posted by jcm6084 View Post
Okay cool thanks Any word on when us poor vodafone customers will get an update?
I wouldn't hold your breathe. The UK in general seems to have been slow getting the update but based on their performance on updates for Symbian firmware I would suspect sometime. Vodafone usually spend time once Nokia release the update checking things out themselves before allowing it to go out. Their is also the potential that they will want to have their own branding applied as well and the testing that would result in that too.

when i try to install the update im getting this error -

not enough memory in target location

Posts: 992 | Thanked: 995 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by andy_con View Post
when i try to install the update im getting this error -

not enough memory in target location
http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs_space

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Peshawar
@sajman: i didnt update anything else like u did, I specifically went to update the fw after checking this thread...although I do agree with the "everythings super duper now"
@Rob1n: thanks for sharing that info

Posts: 5 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Peshawar
Originally Posted by stetam View Post
alinoor I had the same problem. Only problem is that my QVI Maps do not work will not load. Does your QVI Maps work?
@stetam: yes my maps application works jst fine I jst checked.

The Following User Says Thank You to alinoor For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
That looks like PR 1.1 Vodafone UK Variant. There is no update available for the Vodafone variant at present that I have heard of. The generic UK variant is 203 not 205 and that's the one that finally came up to PR 1.1.1 several weeks after most of the rest of the world.
I'm on vodafone and I received the update this morning. I'm now running 3.2010.02-8.203.1. Should I not have this update?

Originally Posted by egoshin View Post
http://wiki.maemo.org/Free_up_rootfs_space
excellent, looks nice anc complex...

thanks

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by Midget010 View Post
I'm on vodafone and I received the update this morning. I'm now running 3.2010.02-8.203.1. Should I not have this update?
You may be on Vodafone but you don't have the Vodafone firmware variant (you have the generic UK firmware). Did you get the N900 directly from Vodafone?

if you bought from Carphone Warehouse you'll have Vodafone as your operator but you will NOT have the Voda 205 firmware, you will have the UK generic 203.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
I wouldn't hold your breathe. The UK in general seems to have been slow getting the update but based on their performance on updates for Symbian firmware I would suspect sometime. Vodafone usually spend time once Nokia release the update checking things out themselves before allowing it to go out. Their is also the potential that they will want to have their own branding applied as well and the testing that would result in that too.
i dont see what testing they need to do as there is no branding at all on the n900 by vodafone (probably one of their best decisions)

The Following User Says Thank You to DJRedline For This Useful Post: