Wow, we're slipping. We're not even an Epic Fail. We're just a Fail.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to schettj For This Useful Post:
i totally agree!! i mean.. this morning i woke up and wanted a cup of coffee. would you believe i had to actually get up and get it my cself? this stupid phone did not lift one finger to brew a single BEAN! HAH! I KNOW, I KNOW, UNBELIEVABLE RIGHT?

So, next i continued on with my day( frustrated with the unbelievably bad job nokia did with this phone) and decided i wanted to give my baby sister a call to check up on her. So i looked at the phone to see if it would start automatically dialing her phone number and again! NOTHING! it's like the telepathy conversion unit didn't even try to connect with my thoughts. who would have thought huh? this is crazy. how useless? Nokia really dropped the ball on this one. at this rate i don't see hwo this phone will ever give us affordable health care and end the war in the middle east. Come on Nokia.. get your act together

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to andraeseus1 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 225 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Apr 2007 @ some where on earth
i think the n900 failed just like the n800 i like both tablets/phone but i really think maemo 5 should be in better shape than it is, its 2010! i also have a n97 & nexus1 nokia really needs to clean house and make its mark back in the moblie world. and just a question why wouldn't the same developers make the same applications for symbian and maemo5 as they do for apple? i think there's more money in symbian than apple and why wouldn't a developer want to make money from symbian,apple,android, and maemo5???

Posts: 999 | Thanked: 1,117 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?
I'm really disappointed it can't predict the winning lottery numbers.

It can't even translate the barks from my dog into english - what's up with that?

Come on Nokia please supply this basic functionality in the next firmware update (the 1.3 update due on the next Autumnal equinox).
The UK will get this update just before the apocalypse in 2012.

Last edited by johnel; 2010-03-20 at 01:12.

Originally Posted by johnel View Post
I'm really disappointed it can't predict the winning lottery numbers.

It can't even translate the barks from my dog into english - what's up with that?

Come on Nokia please supply this basic functionality in the next firmware update (the 1.3 update due on the next Autumnal equinox).
The UK will get this update just before the apocalypse in 2012.
Why is there so much degrading sarcasim on this forum. My goodness grow up. Everytime someone posts some constructive criticism on the N900, everyone says "well just sell it".

The OP said he likes the N900! He just feels nokia coul have done better and messed up the release. I agree 100%!

I saw a lot of advertising for thiis phone and apart from this forum I never read step 4 out of 5. It wasnt advertised this way in public.

I hpe the community keeps up the good work but Nokia clearly has messed up its priorities and sadly its showing in their financials too.

I typed ths on my N900. I love it but its a shame it could be a whole lot better and really powerful beyond what it is.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Just consider this: thread titles are everything. It almost doesn't matter how constructive the criticism is when feathers are automatically ruffled by a flamebaiting title.

I wish more people would pause and think before entering the title... often that's the most important part of the thread.

Last edited by Texrat; 2010-03-20 at 01:51.

The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,729 | Thanked: 388 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Canada
just look at this community, how is this a fail!

when you jump in to the maemo 5 category a minimum of 400-500 viewers are online!

look at the repos! my root always gets full coz of so many apps that developers' share.

look at the total downloads! men!

i just cant see that this is a fail.

change your title mate! if you have problems! share it!! many people here are willing and more than willing to help!

if you do not want the device, please do not drag somebody else with you.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gabby131 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 16 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Bourne , Lincs
Originally Posted by mr2600 View Post
Why is there so much degrading sarcasim on this forum. My goodness grow up. Everytime someone posts some constructive criticism on the N900, everyone says "well just sell it".

The OP said he likes the N900! He just feels nokia coul have done better and messed up the release. I agree 100%!

I saw a lot of advertising for thiis phone and apart from this forum I never read step 4 out of 5. It wasnt advertised this way in public.

I hpe the community keeps up the good work but Nokia clearly has messed up its priorities and sadly its showing in their financials too.

I typed ths on my N900. I love it but its a shame it could be a whole lot better and really powerful beyond what it is.
Here, here. Completely agree with this.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
I disagree with this statement, Nokia have a lot of room for improvement with the N900 but it is far from a failure...

I was recently away on vacation and was able to do everything I normally do on my laptop using my N900, heck I was even able to share my 3G connection to my wifes Mac over wifi (yes you can do this on symbian too!)... There is a lot of room for the N900 to grow and so far the community has been awesome but it is still one of the best phones I have ever used!

The Following User Says Thank You to jer006 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I wish people would refrain from making threats about closing this stupid thread. I know this is a dictatorship, but you don't have to make it so obvious. I don't enjoy being under the gun.

Tags
bashing thread, cry me a, f*ckin' river, oh geez not another, relax - don't do it