Notices

Great update. I love the new design. But there is 1.5 things that need improvement in my opinion.

- You should invert the green and red button. In the Hi-Fi/high tech devices, the green means ON and the red STANDBY/OFF.

- You already answered mehdiE for the frequency changes.

Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Ive enabled testing but I cannot install any other version than 0.3.0 can anyone help?

Posts: 4,274 | Thanked: 5,358 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Looking at y'all and sighing
Originally Posted by ZackMorris View Post
Ive enabled testing but I cannot install any other version than 0.3.0 can anyone help?
The first post says it is in extras-devel. You can do a one-click install by opening http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...widget.install with the browser on the N900, but make sure you disable extras-devel afterwards.

http://talk.maemo.org/showthread.php?p=343619 is also worth bearing in mind.

The Following User Says Thank You to qwerty12 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 355 | Thanked: 245 times | Joined on Jul 2009 @ Northern VA
Haha yep enabled testing and its working sorry for this oversight.

thanks for this great and useful widget!

Personnaly I prefer to keep my desktop clean with only non-redundant items (as the radio symbol already appears in the status bar when fm transmitter is on), so I was wondering if if would be hard to implement the same function with a new item in the dialog box when pressing the power button, which would activate fm transmitter & boost the same way the widget does? Or in the status bar?

Sorry for my english and thanks again

Hi, I installed this wonderful widget on my N900 and updated it a few times. it worked well until a few days ago the item suddenly disappeared from my desktop. I tried reinstalling it, but I got the message the Simple-FMTX was already installed. Then I removed the program, downloaded it again but no widget appeared. It did not even show in the "add widget" or "add shortcut" list and is not shown between the other add-ons. Does somebody have a solution for this?

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Version 0.5.0 released and it's in extras-testing.

* Fixes: [#5107] GConfClient objects not unreffed
* Fixes: [#5342] FMTX widget consuming lot of cpu in approx. 5 minutes intervals
* New UI, small fixes..

If you find any bugs please report them to https://garage.maemo.org/tracker/?at...26&func=browse

If you find widget useful and want to see it in Extras, please vote it in http://maemo.org/packages/package_in...-widget/0.5.0/

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to juhar For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,090 | Thanked: 476 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Ingolstadt, Germany
great app, voted for it

neither 0.3.0 or 0.5.0 will show up on my desktop or in my widgets menu. they've always worked before but not since my last reflash. looks like a few posts back some others are having this issue also.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Finland
Thanks to all who voted Simple-FMTX-Widget to Extras!

Originally Posted by Cornpit77 View Post
Hi, I installed this wonderful widget on my N900 and updated it a few times. it worked well until a few days ago the item suddenly disappeared from my desktop. I tried reinstalling it, but I got the message the Simple-FMTX was already installed. Then I removed the program, downloaded it again but no widget appeared. It did not even show in the "add widget" or "add shortcut" list and is not shown between the other add-ons. Does somebody have a solution for this?
Originally Posted by piascyk View Post
neither 0.3.0 or 0.5.0 will show up on my desktop or in my widgets menu. they've always worked before but not since my last reflash. looks like a few posts back some others are having this issue also.

Have you rebooted your device after installing Simple-FMTX-widget? If you are, could you please try this:

1. Delete Simple-FMTX-Widget from Application manager
2. Open Terminal, write
Code:
find /usr -iname *simple-fmtx*
3. If it doesn't find any files, install Simple-FMTX-Widget from Application manager and do step 2. again.
4. Post here what files it finds.

Thanks.

Last edited by juhar; 2010-04-01 at 18:40.