Active Topics

Notices

Closed Thread
Originally Posted by bullion87 View Post
yes , if it does not work, try to install rootsh and run "sudo gainroot" before you input cp /tmp/fmms.log
K so i did it again and it looks like it asking me for a source destination maybe? this is what popped up
"Usage: cp [OPTION] . . . SOURCE DEST"

Now what?

(background on the problem. Trying to get the file log to send to frals)

Originally Posted by oxpo View Post
Try proxy-IP without the starting zeros (10.16.17.12). I recall frals has said this earlier in the thread.

/oxpo
OXPO my friend u are geniuos, first of all, thks for the answer it was so helpful; i was almost about to give up with this app. now thks to u my cell will be more helpful tttttttthhhhhhhhhhhhkkkkkkkkkkkkkuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu very much my friend

Can somebody help with setting up fmms?

i try'd setting up my mms but still saying: failed to download mms..

i use telenor.dk - telenor denmark
APN settings:

APN: telenor
MMS-gateway: http://mms.telenor.dk
user: telenor
password:
IP-adresse: 212.088.064.008
port:9201

fmms settings:

mmsc: http://mms.telenor.dk <-- is it right??
resize image: 0
your phoneno: # my no.

what am i doing wrong?? sry my english is bad..

heeeelp,
i can receive, but cant send. i used settings for t-mob US.

The Following User Says Thank You to vrso2 For This Useful Post:
Great app, it's working perfectly for me !

Maybe it was already asked, but would it be possible to have the choice to send a picture that you just took in the menu "share" ?

something like :

Send by bluetooth Share with service
Send by mail Send by MMS

thanx a lot

Posts: 547 | Thanked: 1,383 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Stockholm, Sweden
Press "Share via service" and you have MMS there - no way to add it directly to the dialog as it's closed source and Nokia maintained.

Problem with fMMS? Run in x-terminal: cp /tmp/fmms.log /home/user/MyDocs/
After that you'll see fmms.log in filemanager or when you connect the device to your desktop as a mass storage device.
E-mail the log to me, if you don't have the email address, drop me a PM. Thanks!

fMMS - MMS for your N900
fAPN - GUI for adding a new GPRS APN
If you like this post, don't be shy to thank me -->

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to frals For This Useful Post:
simply : thank you

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by tangs View Post
simply : thank you
^ click the Thanks! button under his post then

Frals did a great job. Hell, I did not even expect to get MMS on Rover/RX-51/N900 anytime soon and within months he cobbled together a very workable solution.

The Following User Says Thank You to skalogre For This Useful Post:
Posts: 151 | Thanked: 178 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ SF Bay Area
Well, I finally reached the end of testing MMS to my siblings in Ireland - from T-Mobile US.

No go. I get "MMSC RESPONDED: {'Response-Text': 'Recipient address not resolved', 'MMS-Version': '1.0', 'Response-Status': 'Error-unspecified', 'Message-ID': 'g6b4g41s1j9s8116@w.tmomail.net'}" in the log file.

I bought a T-Mobile-branded phone (a little Samsung flip-phone) to test it out (after my N73 couldn't send an MMS to Ireland either). Still no go.

The response from T-Mobile support (all the way to engineering) is that they have no agreement with Vodafone in Ireland for "data services". Into which, MMS seems to fall (SMS and voice - no problem).

So, Frals, kudos to you for the application. It works great for me here in the US. It might even work to/from some carriers in Europe. But my current operator is in the way regarding my main transatlantic use case. The service guy passed on the message from engineering about frequency differences between my carrier and Vodafone in Ireland. I explained that AT&T is no less different and my brother on the East coast has no such restriction.

So, it's a business restriction not a technology one.

I cant get it to work

ive installed the fAPN & set that up & then installed the fMMS

i have an MMS recieved, when i select it fMMS tries to download it but it always fails & i get the message 'fMMS failed to download MMS message'

im on 3

any ideas anyone?

Closed Thread

Tags
application, community win, fmms, frals rocks, fralsvsnokia1-0, fremantle, maemo, maemo 5, mms, n900, python