Posts: 36 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Hungary
Ladies and Gents,

the Hungarian localization for the Nokia N900 is available in extras-devel. It's still in an early beta stage (about 65% right now), bugs and ideas are very welcome. Many thanks to the n900-extra-translations maintainers for making it happen. Hajrá magyarok

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Z0l For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
So this is called "N900-i18n-hu_HU"? Congrats!

Yes, thanks Andre, do you think the setting name could be changed? Right now it's called "hu_HU", and if i'm correct, that setting is stored in /usr/lib/locale/locale-archive, but in a binary form and i don't know how to change that. I'd prefer to give it a proper name like the other languages (it would be "Magyar (Magyarország)" actually)

Last edited by Z0l; 2010-02-11 at 12:51.

@Z0l
It's because of the lang_name and country_name fields are not set in locale file. You may raise a bug issue on https://bugs.maemo.org/

The Following User Says Thank You to firstfan For This Useful Post:

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
What's the difference between the "N900-i18n-hu_HU" package and the "Hungarian language for Maemo 5" package?

Also, is there a Hungarian dictionary for autocompletion?

Posts: 38 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Tata, Hungary
The "Hungarian language for Maemo 5" package contains translation for several other packages. E.g. tweakr, ovi maps - i remember only these, but there were several more...

Try to check the details of the package from the package manager, it lists what it translates.

(edit for clarification)

-sc

The Following User Says Thank You to ScarCow For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
Does this mean that it is better?

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 42 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bulgaria
Originally Posted by ScarCow View Post
The "Hungarian language for Maemo 5" package contains translation for several other packages. E.g. tweakr, ovi maps - i remember only these, but there were several more...

Try to check the details of the package from the package manager, it lists what it translates.

(edit for clarification)

-sc
How do you distribute the ovi maps localization? We had a conversation with firstsan about that and I thought that the licensing of the files does not permit us to redistribute them? How did you solved that problem (if it exists :-)

Hi,
this other Hungarian localization was new for me also, as we came to the same conclusion with firstfan when we were talking about it. Seems like the guys didn't care about the copyright (which, in this case, is a benefit for all IMO). I think it's better this way (having one localization package for the OS and another one for the apps, easier to maintain), but correct me if i'm wrong. At least more Hungarians are involved with the N900, yay!
@Venemo: it's not better, it's different. One package is for the underlying OS, the other is for the applications.

Last edited by Z0l; 2010-03-23 at 13:56.