Posts: 31 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Germany
Um, I posted my log before I updated with apt-get upgrade manually...

Posts: 1,391 | Thanked: 4,272 times | Joined on Sep 2007 @ Vienna, Austria
Is this community SSU process going to allow us to re-compile libsdl-mixer1.2 with more features (OGG Vorbis support) and provide it to the broader community as part of this update? If so, where do I go to propose such an update? I've got the package sources ready (patched from Diablo source).

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to thp For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by andoreasu View Post
Um, I posted my log before I updated with apt-get upgrade manually...
Interesting, I don't see anything related to the community-SSU reporitory in your log. Can you double-check that you do have some variant of osso-software-version installed?

Originally Posted by thp View Post
Is this community SSU process going to allow us to re-compile libsdl-mixer1.2 with more features (OGG Vorbis support)
That's a very interesting question!

It's not just a simple matter of rebuilding as it pulls in libvorbis etc dependencies. That's not too much "bloat" (~1MB) but it does mean we'll have to package & distribute those as well, and be careful to avoid conflicts with extras (at the very least some coordination with Tuomas Kulve would be necessary).

Personally I wouldn't mind at all having Ogg support out of the box (it's one of the first things I install anyway), anyone have any good arguments against it?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lma For This Useful Post:
Posts: 154 | Thanked: 73 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Toronto
The thing I would most like to see in an updated Diablo is a way of optionally running USB host mode with OHCI and EHCI controllers in place of the currently built-in MUSB.

This looks like the best hope for overcoming Bug 3281. The bug isn't "Fixed in Fremantle", but it is a serious limitation on N8x0's usefulness. With that fixed, I might be able to leave my 770 at home when travelling.

For end users, there would have to be some indication that the USB operation is host-only when this option is active.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
I Have a n810 i would also happy to test.

If there is something wrong and it does stop working.
Am i right in saying the worst that could happen is that i would have to reflash it?

The Following User Says Thank You to MicroChip123 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by lma View Post
Can you test whether you have any variant of osso-software-version ("dpkg -l | grep osso-software-version") installed?
I'm not sure I am running the command right to check osso software version. I can tell you I see the new update you pushed. but it too says broken but able to update.

Originally Posted by cstryon View Post
I'm not sure I am running the command right to check osso software version. I can tell you I see the new update you pushed. but it too says broken but able to update.
Is the application manager log still the same? Ie, does it still only mention ignoring xserver-xomap, kernel-diablo-flasher and libelfg0 as "from wrong domain"?

I've just noticed a new version--- (OS2008 Community SSU) 5.2010-12-2

Are testers to update ?... is this the one with "rotation support" mentioned a while ago?

Yes. It's still the same.

The Following User Says Thank You to cstryon For This Useful Post:

Tags
backintime, diablo cssu, diablo turbo