Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Hello all,

version 0.2.1 of Erminig is now available in the extras-devel repository. Please find below the Changelog:
Code:
* FIX: buttons at the bottom of the UI are inactive if no profile is
   selected
* ENH: Newly created local/remote calendars are automatically selected in the "New profile" dialog
* FIX: Removed obsolete calls in Hildon for progress bars
* FIX: Removed potential pitfall in Google action handler
* FIX: Full-day events spanning several days are now correctly stored in Google (before, the last day was chopped off)
* NEW: Command-line arguments for syncing from crontabs
* ENH: Made "Sync-one-profile" button more explicit
* NEW: Possibility to dump stack traces in terminal instead of GUI
* FIX: Don't crash if publication date of Google event is too far away in the past
If you remember this post, you may notice that not all bugs have been fixed yet, and worse, there's no support for recurring events (yet). You may wonder why bothering releasing a new version? The reason is that I won't be able to work on Erminig for a few weeks, so I wanted all the most annoying bugs to be fixed and available as soon as possible. I will also manage to put a .tar.gz of the source of Erminig somewhere, before setting up a proper RCS repository.

Even though I won't be able to work on Erminig, I will continue to monitor this thread and will also continue to provide feedback to any question/issue you may have!

A quick release note:

for those that asked for command-line arguments: they are now implemented and you can get the usage instruction by typing:

Code:
erminig -h
in the terminal.

In the meantime, enjoy this new version, and feel free to report any bug or enhancement request, preferably in maemo's bugzilla, where there's now an Erminig component!

The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 968 | Thanked: 974 times | Joined on Nov 2008 @ Ohio
Thanks for this update.

Sync from command line works great. Setup in alarmed, worked no problem.

One tip, I have ssh setup (for root) on my computer. To see profiles and sync, etc. commands must be run as user, not root.

*edit* I like the sync 1 icon.

The Following User Says Thank You to lemmyslender For This Useful Post:
lorelei - thanks for releasing the bugfix version, this fixed the problem I reported earlier and now that sync goes through without issue

Thanks lorelei! With the bug fix for that crash I am now happily synching from multiple google accounts!

I was puzzling on why an event was missing until I realized it was a recurring event..

Also, I had that bug again where creating a new profile overwrites an old one instead. It then would not sync properly, so I deleted it and started over. Works now. Unfortunately still no idea how you can reproduce this... maybe it has to do with using multiple google accounts....

Anyhow, thanks for releasing it in this "imperfect" state, as it is already very useful.

Posts: 963 | Thanked: 626 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Connecticut, USA
So what happens if there is an existing recurring event on the N900 calendar? Does it simply get ignored in the sync? And, is the same true for recurring events in the Google Calendar?

http://temporaryland.wordpress.com/

Posts: 22 | Thanked: 6 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Utrecht, the Netherlands
Thanks for the update, lorelei, but I'm still really looking forward to have support for recurring events...

I guess I'll just have to be patient :-/

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rafaela, Argentina
I love this app
I'm waiting the source code, I want to contribute, and possibly make a port for the N5800.

(by the way, I'm new on Maemo. I'm a Python and mobile devices developer, and bought my N900 just days ago)

Originally Posted by fisadev View Post
I love this app
I'm waiting the source code, I want to contribute, and possibly make a port for the N5800.

(by the way, I'm new on Maemo. I'm a Python and mobile devices developer, and bought my N900 just days ago)
Since this app is mostly written in python, use should be able to grab that code from your device. The full source package is available here (via maemo build system):

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...g_0.2.1.tar.gz

Posts: 6 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Rafaela, Argentina
Originally Posted by tuxfoo View Post
Since this app is mostly written in python, use should be able to grab that code from your device. The full source package is available here (via maemo build system):

http://repository.maemo.org/extras-d...g_0.2.1.tar.gz
That's true, but I could miss something. I'm not a Linux expert (only 1 year since I changed to Linux), so I'm not sure where are all the installed files of an application.

Thanks for the source!

Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/erminig", line 146, sync_all_profiles(widget=<gtk.ToolButton object at 0x41c67da0 (GtkToolButton at 0x4a41b8)>, data=<hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x41c67b20 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x429060)>)
        id = i[0]
        do_profile_sync(id, data)
  variables: {'data': ('local', <hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x41c67b20 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x429060)>), 'id': ('local', 1), 'do_profile_sync': ('global', <function do_profile_sync at 0x41c6bcf0>)}
  File "/usr/bin/erminig", line 118, do_profile_sync(id=1, data=<hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x41c67b20 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x429060)>)
            profile['remoteSource'], \
            profile['lastUpdate'], progress)
  variables: {'profile': ('local', {'lastUpdate': 0, 'direction': 0, 'lastLocalUpdate': 0, 'remoteSourceTitle': None, 'remoteAccountId': 1, 'enabled': 1, 'localSource': u'1', 'remoteSource': u'0', 'localSourceTitle': u'N900', 'id': 1}), 'progress': ('local', <gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41cb0238 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4b5b30)>)}
  File "/usr/share/erminig/erminig_core.py", line 370, syncFromGoogle(pid=1, localSource=u'1', remoteSource=u'0', lastSync=0, progress=<gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41cb0238 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4b5b30)>)
      getNewEventsFromGoogle(pid, int(localSource), remoteSource, lastSync, \
          progress)
  variables: {'progress': ('local', <gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41cb0238 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4b5b30)>)}
  File "/usr/share/erminig/erminig_core.py", line 150, getNewEventsFromGoogle(pid=1, localSource=1, remoteSource=u'0', lastSync=0, progress=<gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41cb0238 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4b5b30)>)
      feed_size = len(feed.entry)
      if feed_size == 0:
  variables: {'feed': ('local', None), 'feed_size': (None, None), 'len': ('builtin', <built-in function len>)}
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'entry'
I get this error, I'm using 0.2.1, latest in extras. I get this crash report when I try tu update. I've never gotten it to work.

I'm using the N900 database and my googe account.

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization