Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
So they actually took down the servers, didn't open it up for all... and we're sorta screwed - paid or otherwise if we have to re-activate?

Hmm. Not cool at all.

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Originally Posted by gerbick View Post
So they actually took down the servers, didn't open it up for all... and we're sorta screwed - paid or otherwise if we have to re-activate?
In a nutshell. If like me you have a valid licence, then it is currently still working, and I assume until my licence expires. I am hoping that it does not do any form of "phone home" before the licence expiry otherwise I'm stuffed as well.

Hmm. Not cool at all.
well said. They could have at least offered to convert paid licences to perpetual since it's now abandonware.

On the upside, the N8x0s are now one step closer to the N900s, since they don't have any decent navigation.

Options are either to hack and crack wayfinder, or install Navit, and work on sorting it's rough edges. I installed and got it working yesterday.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm clueless... what's Navit?

Posts: 961 | Thanked: 565 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Tyneside, North East England
Navit is an offline satellite navigation application performing same function as wayfinder, but using map data from openstreetmap.

Wiki link

Maemo.org page http://maemo.org/downloads/product/OS2008/navit/

Last edited by gazza_d; 2010-02-13 at 19:32. Reason: added links to Navit application

The Following User Says Thank You to gazza_d For This Useful Post:
Is there any way I could make Wayfinder Work, Is there a solution yet, because Navit is too bad.

The Following User Says Thank You to gokuman56 For This Useful Post:
CRACK ??? are we allowed to talk here ? Moderators please do the job please ?

Posts: 8 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Brasil / Curitiba
No more solution to this?

Originally Posted by martinsmc View Post
No more solution to this?
You need to capture the wayfinder activation packets, find a way to make a (local?) server to emulate it. then edit your hosts file to redirect to the new server.

That is the only foolproof hack.

Posts: 78 | Thanked: 10 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ England
Originally Posted by mrlanrat View Post
You need to capture the wayfinder activation packets, find a way to make a (local?) server to emulate it. then edit your hosts file to redirect to the new server.

That is the only foolproof hack.
I bought wayfinder in December i reflashed yesterday and now i cant use it this is stupid!

i will have a go at cracking it.

Just how do i edit my n810's host file so i can use a wild card and then point all domains to a local ip.

Is it possible to edit the registry using gconf editor and make it work. I have no idea if this will work, but it's an idea that might work.

Tags
customers?, middlefinger