Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 2,473 | Thanked: 12,265 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Jerusalem, PS/IL
He already has it installed, hence why it's not appearing in App Manager.
He said he loaded the srt file but he got strange letters, meaning Arabic encoding isn't supported, happens on VLC too I think.
Don't really know how to solve this as I've never needed Arabic subs
Edit: Just a note, arabic is non-unicode

no i didn't install it
sorry man again
but it tells me that there are some application packages missing

Last edited by shamsawe; 2010-03-16 at 16:52.

i installed it and opened it once but it refused to open again it tells me "an internal error application closed"
uninstalled it and reinstalled but still don't want to be open
i can't open it again

Hi Shamsawe,

I'm the person who asked for Arabic subtitle at Greek subtitle thread.

i have a problem as N900 not recognizing the Arabic font. it is showing as strange characters.

However, i had installed the subtitle support ( which is showing in extra in setting) from Extra-Devil, i opened the program once and i selected the arabic font. it cause a same problem happened to you. " internal error system application closing" and never opened after that time.

i tried to uninstall and reinstall many times but the same effect. so i uninstall it. and still there is no arabic character appearing correctly.

I think that plug ( subtitle) is causing a conflict internally. although i read earlier in an arabic forum that some one make it work with the same plug.

I wish if some one can help us in this.

Thanks

we are waiting

this job i made it my self in other forum

The Following User Says Thank You to aburdhew For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by ahmoda View Post

However, I had installed the subtitle support ( which is showing in extra in setting) from Extra-Devil, i opened the program once and i selected the arabic font. it cause a same problem happened to you. " internal error system application closing" and never opened after that time.

I tried to uninstall and reinstall many times but the same effect. so i uninstall it. and still there is no arabic character appearing correctly.

Thanks

Can you help in the same?

The Following User Says Thank You to ahmoda For This Useful Post:
also I have problem with this program during running this program in extras on setting menu this massage is appear
Code:
Internal error Application 'Settings' closed
Please help.

Last edited by maemo_n900; 2010-04-04 at 18:39.

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on May 2010 @ Saigon
Hi
Thank you very much,
But unfortunately I can not install the newest mafw-gst-subtitles-applet/0.1.2009.47-1+0m5-5. Error message: Incompatible application package. It may caused by my N900 FW version is 3.2010.02-8.
Do anyone still keep the older version which may suitable with my FW.
Your help is highly appreciated.
Thanks & Best Regards
Yin

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Originally Posted by yinyang69_vn View Post
I can not install the newest mafw-gst-subtitles-applet/0.1.2009.47-1+0m5-5. Error message: Incompatible application package.
Can you provide exact steps and when this happens? Normally when clicking "Details" in the "Install?" dialog you should get some better issue reports.

The Following User Says Thank You to Andre Klapper For This Useful Post: