Active Topics

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London
HELP guys of the MC…..I disabled the extra-devel and testing cataloges so that I could just go back to the normal apps (the apps that came with the phone) but now when I click the download icon in App manager…..no applications whatsoever show up, does this mean that once you enable extra-devel and testing repositories you can’t go go back to just having the normal apps again? I just want my normal app selection to return….because this extra-devel and testing catalogs I don’t trust….I dont want my device to accidentally crash one day for accidently downloading and installing a hazardous app. So please Help..would much appreciate

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
have you accidentally disabled extras, ovi and nokia software perhaps? double check and reboot see if that helps. sometimes its the simple things.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

The Following User Says Thank You to festivalnut For This Useful Post:
Posts: 78 | Thanked: 28 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ London
In app manager go to the top menu, then app catalogues, make sure the app directories you want do not have disabled ticked, and just delete extras devel and extras testing.

The Following User Says Thank You to bret hart For This Useful Post:
Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
Originally Posted by Double_O_Soul View Post
HELP guys of the MC…..I disabled the extra-devel and testing cataloges so that I could just go back to the normal apps (the apps that came with the phone) but now when I click the download icon in App manager…..no applications whatsoever show up, does this mean that once you enable extra-devel and testing repositories you can’t go go back to just having the normal apps again? I just want my normal app selection to return….because this extra-devel and testing catalogs I don’t trust….I dont want my device to accidentally crash one day for accidently downloading and installing a hazardous app. So please Help..would much appreciate
Lol didn't I warned you about Extra apps? Just simply disable it from the Menu in Application Manager and save it. You'll be fine.

Lesson and learn

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 19 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ London
It woked :-) Thanks guys, and sorry for sounding like a girl abt the whole sitaution (to many helps)........but then again much appreciated.