Notices

Posts: 385 | Thanked: 344 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by rhythmspirit View Post
when I have BOTH a miss call and sms, opening 1 of them will get rid of both notifications. This should not happen because I have not open the other one.
I won't argue about idea by itself, because I might have agreed with it, but currently it's too complicated for me to implement, technically speaking, and I prefer to handle bugs and start on the GUI instead of dealing with this right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zlatko View Post
First of all -thank you omeriko9 for putting your time and effort into this app!
Second I want to share few ideas for improvement:

1. Add vibration
2. Add configurable time period for sound/vibra notifications
3. If you have hard time developing GUI - why don't you use a simple config file that users can edit? With clear options like "enabled=YES", "sound=NO", "sound_file=/usr/home/MyDocs/...", etc. Yes GUI is nicer, but takes more work.

Any way this can turn into "must have" app for N900!
@zaltko, thank you for your notes!
I will add vibration notifications as well, that's a good idea. If someone afraid of his battery life, they can turn it off.

I definitely want a editable configuration file, but that IMO must come with a GUI, for two reasons:
1. This app started as a small script for my private use, I didn't thought about configuration (everything can be configured from code, right? ), and now I'm working on making the app configurable - a GUI is the easier part
2. I believe that this kind of app needs to be accessible to as many users as possible. Although I (and you?) do believe that manipulating an XML file is not a hard task, I think there are a lot of users here that would disagree. This app has functionalities that relevant to a large target audience and that's why I think GUI here is inevitable.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
@omeriko9
Totally agree on GUI and wider accessibility of this app. As I said earlier - it is a must have app for everyone using a phone. Just wanted to give you a suggestions of easy(and still usable) configuration if you have difficulties with developing a GUI.

The Following User Says Thank You to zlatko For This Useful Post:
Posts: 177 | Thanked: 39 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ China
it's app's like this one and Connect Now that offer me reassurance I bought the right phone. especially with all the FUD floating around (myself included) about the flaws and how unpolished the OS is (this phone really is/was lacking so much that should've been there in the get-go, and I did a TON of research pre and post-purchase).

I want to thank you - and the other dev's - for helping tip the scale. I've been thinking about getting another phone until Nokia/Maemo irons out some issues and updates provide more features, but every 2-3 days I see a development that makes me think I won't need a sidekick for the N900 in a month or so time.

Posts: 311 | Thanked: 110 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Boston, MA
i am still seeing problems where the notifications are getting stuck, i just sent out a couple of sms messages, both sent successfully but the notification has been stuck with a flashing S and envelope for the past 5 minutes....

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate

The Following User Says Thank You to F2thaK For This Useful Post:
Posts: 861 | Thanked: 936 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bulgaria
Today I installed call notify, but I don't get notification of sms or missed call. Am i missing something? Haven't tried to reboot yet. Looked up in processes list but nothing on call or notify.

Posts: 171 | Thanked: 59 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Bristol, uk
Good little app - been testing it for the past day or so.

Not sure if this is what is meant to happen but when I send an SMS it flashes the message icon and what looks like a +S or +5...(see images below) this carries on for a while (it seems to generally go away after a few mins) or goes away when I shut that conversation window.... Ideally I wouldn't want a notification when I send a text as I know I've just sent one! Also, when I get an incoming SMS and have the conversation window open for that person keeps it flashing the SMS symbol, plus the number of messages, until I shut that particular conversation window.. is that what it is intended to do?

Thanks for taking the time to make the app

Last edited by zail; 2010-03-30 at 16:13. Reason: to add the image files!

Originally Posted by jer006 View Post
i am still seeing problems where the notifications are getting stuck, i just sent out a couple of sms messages, both sent successfully but the notification has been stuck with a flashing S and envelope for the past 5 minutes....
Please verify you have the latest version, which is 0.0.4-1 and should be in the extras-devel shortly. Please tell if it happens again.

Originally Posted by zail View Post
Good little app - been testing it for the past day or so.

Not sure if this is what is meant to happen but when I send an SMS it flashes the message icon and what looks like a +S or +5...(see images below) this carries on for a while (it seems to generally go away after a few mins) or goes away when I shut that conversation window.... Ideally I wouldn't want a notification when I send a text as I know I've just sent one! Also, when I get an incoming SMS and have the conversation window open for that person keeps it flashing the SMS symbol, plus the number of messages, until I shut that particular conversation window.. is that what it is intended to do?

Thanks for taking the time to make the app

Hi, and thank you for your testing.
This is not what I meant...
Currently I'm identifying the "SMS has been read" event by the closing of the notification window or the Conversations window. I'll try to do it by identifying the "opening" event.
Also, the +5 icon (which originally mean "more than 5 missed SMS/calls") appears also when there is a notification and no new SMS/calls, which means that something is wrong...

Anyway, I'll keep doing QA and testing it, also please make sure to download the most recent version 0.0.4-1 when it will be out to the extras-devel (should be shortly), it has a "manually clear notification" option in its GUI.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to omeriko9 For This Useful Post: