Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
Originally Posted by extent View Post
this is a great emulator - my only problem is when trying out something that requires alot of diagonal d-pad usage (i think someone mentioned a 'dragon punch!'), but I guess thats more of a problem with the n900 than any emulator, lol. i hope you keep on developing picodrive to make it even better! some sort of control development to make it easier to work with diagonals would be interesting, but im just not sure how... perhaps some pico users may have good ideas regarding control that could be of more help/added to the emulator in time

thanks
how about creating a custom button that can map 2-3 button presses? ie. streetfighter. setup a button that you progbram to carryout perhaps a dragon punch..rather than trying to press buttons all over the place?

would an idea like this be possible?

Posts: 94 | Thanked: 319 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Barcelona, Spain
Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
But it doesn't work with all games and having both keyboard and touch-screen enabled controls makes a big mess, the game doesn't really know to what to react.
Note that you don't have multitouch and trying to use onscreen dpad and onscreen buttons simultaneously won't work. Using onscreen dpad + keyboard buttons or viceversa should work just fine.

Originally Posted by Jack6428 View Post
Muchas Gracias por el emuladores del MegaDrive
De nada

Originally Posted by cddiede View Post
Looks like Picodrive can't display scailing sprites.
Let me check what's going on with Wing Commander first...

Originally Posted by extent View Post
this is a great emulator - my only problem is when trying out something that requires alot of diagonal d-pad usage (i think someone mentioned a 'dragon punch!'), but I guess thats more of a problem with the n900 than any emulator, lol. i hope you keep on developing picodrive to make it even better! some sort of control development to make it easier to work with diagonals would be interesting, but im just not sure how... perhaps some pico users may have good ideas regarding control that could be of more help/added to the emulator in time

thanks
You know you can map diagonals already, right?

Originally Posted by Addison View Post
I would love to see a touch screen Dpad something similar to this post I made a few days ago.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...&postcount=176

Does anyone know of someone who could code such a thing?
It shouldn't be hard, but we don't have enough screen space left for it to look remotely good...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javicq For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by dread123 View Post
how about creating a custom button that can map 2-3 button presses? ie. streetfighter. setup a button that you progbram to carryout perhaps a dragon punch..rather than trying to press buttons all over the place?

would an idea like this be possible?
Possible, yes. Not too hard to implement. A bit problematic on the UI side. But useful?...
I know I (as a gamer) certainly wouldn't use that method. It would take out the fun from the few games you'd actually want it for. Just imagine Street Fighter with all combos replaced by single button presses. It would be the lamest game ever.

The Following User Says Thank You to javicq For This Useful Post:
BTW, is anyone interested in my method to connect 2 wiimotes for 2 player games? I'll blog it soon if they are.

I have to say, 2 wiimotes, the N900 and the TV out cable makes for an ace portable pocket megadrive, handy for, say, impromptu micromachines tournaments on the office projectors :-D

BTW, Pico Drive now has its own bug tracker:

https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=picodrive

Please file your bugs here from now on, thanks.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to javicq For This Useful Post:
Posts: 286 | Thanked: 100 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ down south
Originally Posted by javicq View Post
Possible, yes. Not too hard to implement. A bit problematic on the UI side. But useful?...
I know I (as a gamer) certainly wouldn't use that method. It would take out the fun from the few games you'd actually want it for. Just imagine Street Fighter with all combos replaced by single button presses. It would be the lamest game ever.
i take it thats a no then lol.. would be good though

cheers

Originally Posted by dread123 View Post
i take it thats a no then lol.. would be good though

cheers
Open a feature request here:

https://bugs.maemo.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=picodrive

If it gets enough votes I'll consider it.

Posts: 182 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
Originally Posted by javicq View Post
True when using a dedicated controller. But on the N900 keyboard, games are harder to control than normal anyway, so a way to make that a bit easier again would be welcome.

Also, I think the emulator will be used much more for casual gaming than in the Genesis days. I for one am not going to learn all of these combos anymore.

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
It shouldn't be hard, but we don't have enough screen space left for it to look remotely good...
Yep, I agree as well. That's why I suggested for an emu to hug the left side of the screen to make room for the Dpad.

To me it makes the most sense but I'm not too sure how weird that might look for others to use.

I personally would love to see it that way, but that's just me.

i would like the emu to stay as it is and have bug fix, when you complicate a app like this it move away from what it actually is.