Active Topics

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leeds, United Kingdom
I thought it was about time someone said thank you to Nokia for the n900. Ive seen far to many posts on here about how its failed and how nokia haven't supported the community enough. Well I just wanted to say that on my travels I have been able to do the following from my phone:

1) Listen to music
2) Check the satnav on ovi maps/maep etc to see where I am
3) Make phone calls
4) vpn into my home network (cool)
5) Check my emails
6) Browse the internet
7) play my music to the car radio on the way to work....
8) take vids/pics of my family etc

Do I need to continue! I can do all that and more from my one device, no additional accessories needed! To say somethings are missing is a fair point but i love the device and it was absolutley the right direction for Nokia!

So Thank You and bring me the next best improved device regardless of it having Maemo 6 / MeeGo / WhateverOS cause ill still buy it 8)

The Following 36 Users Say Thank You to thundercat600 For This Useful Post:
Big Thank You Nokia!

Thanks for the post bro, Its nice to see someone actually appreciate the device for once....

I love my N900 to the point where when I'm having sex my mind is on my N900, Apparently screaming "Oh, Linux!" during sex is a bad thing....

The Following User Says Thank You to DarkPand0r For This Useful Post:
Posts: 6 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Bangalore, India
Yes Thanks Nokia.. I love my N900.

@ thundercat600.. how did you use the vpn to connect to your home network.

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 24 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by mokany876 View Post
Big Thank You Nokia!
Big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thank u!! love this device

Posts: 42 | Thanked: 67 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Leeds, United Kingdom
I use astaro firewall, which is free for home use (up to 50 internal ip addresses). This has allowed me to setup site-to-site vpn's between my friends who use astaro and also a remote vpn connection.

I installed the openVPN software avail in the repo's, setup remote vpn access on the firewall and imported the settings on the phone. Now I can access all my internal servers not matter where I am.....sweet!

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to thundercat600 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 551 | Thanked: 507 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North West England
I wouldn't be without my N900 now. Love it! Going back to my old phone would be like losing a limb!

Well they say we criticise most the one we love the most. so eventually we all do love our device

Originally Posted by JohnLF View Post
I wouldn't be without my N900 now. Love it! Going back to my old phone would be like losing a limb!
I've had to give my N900 back to Carphone Warehouse for 1 week for them to fix my sliders (dust/dirt/something is making the screen slider and lock slider stiff). I feel lost without it at the moment (i only took it on saturday). I've been using the girlfriends 5800XM when i'm out and need to go on a webpage, and the screen just seems tiny compared to my N900.

EDIT:
Just phoned them to check progress.
Carphone Warehouse repair staff don't have the training to take apart a N900 yet so it's been sent off to Nokia.
So now it'll be about 2 weeks without a decent phone. Gutted.

the more beautiful she is the crazier she is allowed to be..

the N900 is the same; its a great UI, functionality and hardware is fantastic.. sat nav software is frustrating and needs developing, battery life is very poor, and to be honest its abit bulky too..

I still love it

I'de like to say a big thank you to the poeple who run this site and develop bits and pieces for us to play with with out you guys Nokia would be dealing with some frustrated customers..

Last edited by batman; 2010-03-29 at 12:55.