Notices

Originally Posted by basse View Post
Thanks, this is really brilliant! I haven't installed this yet, but I will as soon as I have some time. I don't have extras-testing enabled yet, and would rather not enable it before I know whether this program will actually be usable for me. Does the program calculate points using the American or the European algorithm? And does it use metric or US standard units?
US algo ATM (see the link at the start of the thread), said algo uses kCal and grams so I guess that would count as "metric" (anyways the algorithms/formulas are going to be "pluggable" so once we find more formulas we can add them as needed).

Weight log does not care about units (It doesn't even show any unit yet but I'll make that a setting later).

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
After a light googling I found out what the formula used in Finland (probably in other parts of Europe as well) seems to be.

p = e/60 * f/10

where p stands for point, e for energy and f for fat (all fats, not just the saturated as in some countries).

I'm quite new to this, so I would appreciate advice from a more experienced maemo freak. How long does it usually take before an application is in extras? I'd like to test this application, but not necessarily get the rest of the testing stuff. I have no problem waiting for it a while, but if it takes really long I might want to enable extras-testing.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Vantaa
I tried to install this (maeCalories 0.5.2). After starting I get error: "Hit Midgard bug #1409, please restart application". I have installed pyth-midgard2 and libgda-3 and rebooted. Any hint what is wrong?

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by JKO65 View Post
I tried to install this (maeCalories 0.5.2). After starting I get error: "Hit Midgard bug #1409, please restart application". I have installed pyth-midgard2 and libgda-3 and rebooted. Any hint what is wrong?
Nothing is wrong it is a bug that just requires the program to restart after the first time you open it. You should not see it again.

@Basse: Once the application is ready for testing them it will be moved their and it will spend atleast 10 days in testing to be tested and receive a +10 voting average. If you want to test this but nothing else from devel you can if you are brave active devel repo, install just this and nothing else then deactivate devel repo.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Nothing is wrong it is a bug that just requires the program to restart after the first time you open it. You should not see it again.

@Basse: Once the application is ready for testing them it will be moved their and it will spend atleast 10 days in testing to be tested and receive a +10 voting average. If you want to test this but nothing else from devel you can if you are brave active devel repo, install just this and nothing else then deactivate devel repo.
Well, for me it is another story as I have tried many restarts and I allways end to this Midgrad 1409 error message. I tried to reboot, run from X-terminal (as normal/root). Now I ran out of ideas what to try next ...

I will test maeCalories as soon as the formula we use over here (see post #42) is added to the program.

@andrewfblack: Thanks for the tip.

Originally Posted by JKO65 View Post
Well, for me it is another story as I have tried many restarts and I allways end to this Midgrad 1409 error message. I tried to reboot, run from X-terminal (as normal/root). Now I ran out of ideas what to try next ...
Did you try to remove the program and reinstall it. Maybe one of your depends didn't get installed first time.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Originally Posted by rambo View Post
Also if someone has better ideas for UI they're welcome (I'm a coder, not a designer...).
As far as designs for UI you want some mockups in gimp or do I need to design the UI in some other program for you? I have some ideas that might look good.

Originally Posted by andrewfblack View Post
Did you try to remove the program and reinstall it. Maybe one of your depends didn't get installed first time.
Yes I did. I get this when trying to run:

/home/user # maecalories
midgard-core (pid:1587)WARNING):Midgard connection error: no such table: person, No0), srcnull), SQL: HY000
midgard-core (pid:1587)WARNING):Model query failed: no such table: person
Calling person.create()
midgard-core (pid:1587)WARNING):Midgard connection error: no such table: quota, No0), srcnull), SQL: HY000
midgard-core (pid:1587)WARNING):Model query failed: no such table: quota
midgard-core (pid:1587)WARNING):Midgard connection error: no such table: quota, No0), srcnull), SQL: HY000
midgard-core (pid:1587)WARNING):Midgard connection error: no such table: person, No0), srcnull), SQL: HY000
Home directory /home/user not ours.
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/usr/bin/maecalories", line 12, in <module>
mainwindow.instance.mainloop()
File "/home/rambo/src/maecalories/trunk/libs/mainwindow.py", line 155, in mainloop
File "/home/rambo/src/maecalories/trunk/libs/storage.py", line 55, in initialize
File "/home/rambo/src/maecalories/trunk/libs/storage.py", line 76, in initialize_person
Exception: Hit Midgard bug #1409, restart application
/home/user #