Notices

Remove the program, then remove file ~/.midgard2/data/maecalories.db and then reinstall.

or remove file ~/.midgard2/data/maecalories.db and start the application and wait patiently while it initializes the database from scratch (this can take over 5 minutes easily).

Edit: To "remove file" do the following:

1. open terminal
2. type (or copy paste) the following command
"rm ~/.midgard2/data/maecalories.db" and press enter.

I already thought about adding a relaunch counter to the app and if we run into this same bug twice in a row then it would do something smart about it.

Last edited by rambo; 2010-03-29 at 13:05.

The Following User Says Thank You to rambo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by basse View Post
How long does it usually take before an application is in extras?
To get an application to extras is must have been in extras-testing for minimum of 10 days and it must have collected +10 points of karma (upvotes from testers, downvotes naturally drop karma...)

Posts: 18 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
@rambo: Did you notice the formula in message #42? Do you think you could add that as an alternative formula to the program? Then I could start testing.

Posts: 21 | Thanked: 15 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Finland, Vantaa
Originally Posted by rambo View Post
Remove the program, then remove file ~/.midgard2/data/maecalories.db and then reinstall.

or remove file ~/.midgard2/data/maecalories.db and start the application and wait patiently while it initializes the database from scratch (this can take over 5 minutes easily).

Edit: To "remove file" do the following:

1. open terminal
2. type (or copy paste) the following command
"rm ~/.midgard2/data/maecalories.db" and press enter.

I already thought about adding a relaunch counter to the app and if we run into this same bug twice in a row then it would do something smart about it.

This was the cure! Thanks! Now I have a working application.

@rambo: Did you notice the formula in message #42? Do you think you could add that as an alternative formula to the program? Then I could start testing.
yes and yes (but it might not happen today)

It's ok, I wasn't really expecting anything that fast...

It's ok, I wasn't really expecting anything that fast...
It's done in SVN but I'm not packaging a new version till I get some other things done too.

Originally Posted by rambo View Post
It's done in SVN but I'm not packaging a new version till I get some other things done too.
That's great! Thanks!

Posts: 72 | Thanked: 51 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Germany
Hello!

Please take a look at WeightJinni in extras-devel. It does not include a calculator but already contains database handling, loggging and even some statistic features for (especially) Weight Watcher users.

The application has some places where it could be better (Maemo5 dialog handling created usability problems) but I plan to further improve the application and already have concrete plans (and just lack some time) for this.

I'm very interested in people helping me with this and would assist everybody in hacking the code.

Gruß...Tim

Posts: 381 | Thanked: 847 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Helsinki
Originally Posted by Framstag View Post
Please take a look at WeightJinni in extras-devel. It does not include a calculator but already contains database handling, loggging and even some statistic features for (especially) Weight Watcher users.
The best case scenario would be for WeightJinni and MaeCalories to share the same storage system. MaeCalories uses pmidgard2, for which you can find an intro on my blog.