Closed Thread
i was going to say try some USSD codes to see

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
well i still have the more button in menu, browser back wtill does history etc etc so it isnt 1.2

device went a bit spastic qafter i rebooted but i would recomend using a default theme if you want to risk it as i got some gfx corruption until i switched to the default n-series.

my phone seems to be working as normal now though. no harm done

Posts: 1,296 | Thanked: 1,773 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Budapest, Hungary
My N900 doesn't find anything new when I try apt-get upgrade or even apt-get dist-upgrade...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
Nokia starting fools day early this year

Posts: 9 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Wales, UK
Thought I would have a go at apt-get upgrade. Got similar results to the above.

Can also confirm that everything is snappier. Home page swiping runs more smoothly and media player no longer does that annoying stutter at the beginning of video files.

Something has changed, but I don't know what

All interesting stuff! When you mention it is snappier, what about opening Conversations, is it smooth? On my device the animation stutters to open, not smooth like most other apps.

Originally Posted by m165 View Post
All interesting stuff! When you mention it is snappier, what about opening Conversations, is it smooth? On my device the animation stutters to open, not smooth like most other apps.
Can't say I noticed a problem before updating, but it opens instantly post-update. Scrolling up and down the list is smooth and quick. HTH

Posts: 48 | Thanked: 46 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ United Kingdon
Originally Posted by m165 View Post
still get the stutter but in my case i think the extra snappyness is the same as when you do a standard reboot.

@Netadept- did you get all the gfx corruption like myself when u rebooted? i may revert to my original theme to see if it comes back.

wish id made a note of the packages that were pulled down when i ran the upgrade command now

Originally Posted by telnet View Post
@Netadept- did you get all the gfx corruption like myself when u rebooted? i may revert to my original theme to see if it comes back.
No corruption here. I'm using D-THEME Black with a custom background. I did reboot immediately after installing the updates. Maybe that has made a difference?

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
How do i get this "Update"

apt-get update

Then what else do i type?

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever