Notices

Posts: 477 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Munich, Germany
I see. Then this idea won't work. The way themes are designed, there are very few elements which can be exchanged without the resulting themes looking wrong. The elements aren't as independent as you may think. And even for the elements which are independent, the whole idea of a "theme" is that all elements are somewhat related (as the name "theme" says).

Posts: 2,154 | Thanked: 2,186 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Hellsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I see. Then this idea won't work. The way themes are designed, there are very few elements which can be exchanged without the resulting themes looking wrong. The elements aren't as independent as you may think. And even for the elements which are independent, the whole idea of a "theme" is that all elements are somewhat related (as the name "theme" says).
I do know how themes are constructed.

Still I think it's a good idea to give people freedom to customize the outlook easily. They can pick the homescreen widgets they like, they can pick the calendar backgrounds they like etc etc.

If someone want's to have a theme that has bits and pieces that doesn't match each other then let him do that

80's style stadium rock is back - FIRENOTE
Hi-Octane heavy metal - FORCE MAJEURE

Last edited by d-iivil; 2010-03-06 at 12:16.

The Following User Says Thank You to d-iivil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Originally Posted by Jerome View Post
I'm almost certain it will work but I might be wrong I know alot of people might want a differant keyboard to go with a theme, or maybe to change font colors, or maybe change way lock screen looks. This program wont change every element one at a time. So it will still be themes.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 1,161 | Thanked: 1,707 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Denmark
Whats the progress on this Andrew? Sounds really good to me if its possible

Posts: 1,656 | Thanked: 1,196 times | Joined on Apr 2008 @ Alabama, USA
Its possible to be done still but I find my self lacking a programmer to help me get it done. Unless I find one the idea is dead.

**All Posts are made as a Community Member and not as a Super Moderator of this site.

Posts: 1,885 | Thanked: 2,008 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ OVI MAPS
wow cool project, how did i miss this
from what i understand this will be like winterboard on jailbroken Idevices what allows you to change lock screens, icons, app skins, etc.
great idea imo i hope it works out

makes me wish i could program for you. i don't have the n900, but a website like this for all the tablets would be great. couldn't someone do this client in python? or if you're really desperate, bash scripts?

Posts: 3,203 | Thanked: 1,391 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Worthing, England
Hi andrew, i actually love the idea, and could try when i get some more free time, but being very new to all of this is might take a while.... just wondering if all the peoples here could start thinking about the screens/functions required.

Basic functions:
List all themes available
Set Theme
Delete Theme
Create Theme(Needs splitting down)
Edit theme (Needs splitting down)

Creating a theme:
What parts are needed for this? - known list of all requirements needed, and what any control files folders are?

Editing a theme:
Determining what parts make each theme
Showing previews
ability to edit certain parts (Apply function?)

And above all - i'd suggest very good bug / issue checking (Don't want a screwie theme!)

edit - Andrew - did you put this as an idea for GSOC?
----------- Are you on the N900 World Map? - http://pininthemap.com/maemo - masterpin: shotgun
----------- What apps do you want to see on the n900 or in MeeGo in the future? -

Last edited by noobmonkey; 2010-03-30 at 09:40.

That sounds really cool noobmonkey

The Following User Says Thank You to Dousan For This Useful Post:
Hi @andrewfblak and @noobmonkey has the funeral bin or is there chance of resurrection of this idea