Active Topics

Notices

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
thanks for the update!

I was wondering why is not possible to synchronize certain calendars such as sports like this one:
http://www.google.com/calendar/htmle...tz=Europe/Rome

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 56 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Italia
there's a page about that:
http://www.google.com/support/mobile...&answer=113849

but I suppose that in principle erminig could workaround this drawback?

yes those calendars are special, if you look into those in google calendar yourself you also see that they also dont have external urls like a icalc and so on.

I just searched for my team in holland for a real one done by others, And those work great

But yeah.. 1 extra strange (and stupid thing) why cant we search for those calenders anymore!!
Why oh why did google disabled that??? You can search on anything except that!

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 18 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Cordoba,Argentina
Originally Posted by kirano View Post
Code:
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/erminig", line 146, sync_all_profiles(widget=<gtk.ToolButton object at 0x41c67da0 (GtkToolButton at 0x4a41b8)>, data=<hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x41c67b20 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x429060)>)
        id = i[0]
        do_profile_sync(id, data)
  variables: {'data': ('local', <hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x41c67b20 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x429060)>), 'id': ('local', 1), 'do_profile_sync': ('global', <function do_profile_sync at 0x41c6bcf0>)}
  File "/usr/bin/erminig", line 118, do_profile_sync(id=1, data=<hildon.StackableWindow object at 0x41c67b20 (HildonStackableWindow at 0x429060)>)
            profile['remoteSource'], \
            profile['lastUpdate'], progress)
  variables: {'profile': ('local', {'lastUpdate': 0, 'direction': 0, 'lastLocalUpdate': 0, 'remoteSourceTitle': None, 'remoteAccountId': 1, 'enabled': 1, 'localSource': u'1', 'remoteSource': u'0', 'localSourceTitle': u'N900', 'id': 1}), 'progress': ('local', <gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41cb0238 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4b5b30)>)}

Found the problem, incomplee configuration. Sorry and thanks.
  File "/usr/share/erminig/erminig_core.py", line 370, syncFromGoogle(pid=1, localSource=u'1', remoteSource=u'0', lastSync=0, progress=<gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41cb0238 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4b5b30)>)
      getNewEventsFromGoogle(pid, int(localSource), remoteSource, lastSync, \
          progress)
  variables: {'progress': ('local', <gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41cb0238 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4b5b30)>)}
  File "/usr/share/erminig/erminig_core.py", line 150, getNewEventsFromGoogle(pid=1, localSource=1, remoteSource=u'0', lastSync=0, progress=<gtk.ProgressBar object at 0x41cb0238 (GtkProgressBar at 0x4b5b30)>)
      feed_size = len(feed.entry)
      if feed_size == 0:
  variables: {'feed': ('local', None), 'feed_size': (None, None), 'len': ('builtin', <built-in function len>)}
AttributeError: 'NoneType' object has no attribute 'entry'
I get this error, I'm using 0.2.1, latest in extras. I get this crash report when I try tu update. I've never gotten it to work.

I'm using the N900 database and my googe account.
I have exactly the same issue. I've created the google account first on the settings, and inmediatly afterwards I got the bug error. I've tried to install python-gdata via xterminal using apt-get, but I've got an 'already installed' message. Any input will be very appreciated. Thanks a lot.

Last edited by esiravegna; 2010-03-30 at 17:19. Reason: Issue solved

Posts: 479 | Thanked: 641 times | Joined on Dec 2007 @ Switzerland
Hello everyone,

to those having the crashes similar to the one esiravegna is experiencing, it looks like the fix I put into 0.2.1 is not complete enough

Some patience will be needed before I can fix it....

just wanted to let you know that those issues are not left completely unattended...

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lorelei For This Useful Post:
Posts: 275 | Thanked: 389 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Sydney
To get the files in an installed package run (in terminal):
Code:
dpkg -L erminig

Originally Posted by lorelei View Post
Hello everyone,

to those having the crashes similar to the one esiravegna is experiencing, it looks like the fix I put into 0.2.1 is not complete enough

Some patience will be needed before I can fix it....

just wanted to let you know that those issues are not left completely unattended...
any news about this bug?

Guys, I'm someone that is very, very new to the N900, and linux.

I hope that in the future I'll be able to contribute to development of apps, but for now I just wanted to thank you all for working on this particular app and I look forward to using it when it's ready.

Posts: 3 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Poland, Warsaw
Hello Everybody,
This thread seems to be a little quiet recently (after very busy March at least).
I hope lorelei that you are just happy skiing in beatifull mountains of Switzerland and not lost interest in further development.

I like this app very much, I synchronize 4 google calendars every hour with help of the alarmed app. It works great.
The only thing I need now is recurring events and I am really happy.

I have noticed that the only problem that happens is when my gsm internet connection is down (I used autodisconnect application) the erminig returns with an error as it cannot initiate the internet connection by itself.
I am to fresh to linux to deal with this issue so will have to wait for the wise guys to solve it.

Lorelei thank you very much for your effort - it is the most important app for me on my n900.

cdarek

Hi Everyone,

I'm new to this forum having just received an N900 yesterday.

Being a big Google calendar (and Gmail) user, this app was on of the first I installed. I was initially having the same problems as kirano and esiravegna, which was a little frustrating.

Then I decided to try removing the database file (although I didn't even have an old version installed) like it said in this post.

Seems to work now, though I have no idea whether this was the fix or not!

John

Tags
erminig, erminig-ng, ernie nig, google calendar, google sync, synchronization