Active Topics

Posts: 1,055 | Thanked: 4,107 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Norway
Originally Posted by bartekxyz View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SgVTQG1qbas

Probably you've seen it before. But it's fake anyway.
Actually, it isn't. For a while, that was packaged for the n900, before being yanked.

It's not known whether that will be used for MeeGo, but if you want to experiment with the tech shown there, that is 'libdui', available on http://qt.gitorious.org/maemo-6-ui-framework

Orbit (another UI approach) seems to be taking a slightly better approach though, so it's not really set in stone.

Last edited by w00t; 2010-03-31 at 22:21.

Could summat like LXDE be easily ported to this Meego build?

Sorry for the n00b question!

Posts: 664 | Thanked: 160 times | Joined on Jul 2008 @ Australia
Originally Posted by HangLoose View Post
Seems that you dont get sarcasm...

I was actually making fun of the post of the other guy cos apparently he seems to be able to do a much better job than Nokia+Intel, but you kinda killed my joke...

Anywho, <The next statement will also be sarcastic>Guess my accent sucks..
I don't think you get much either. If I were to think I could do better than them why in the world would I hope for the next one with great hope. That was just coz I was at least expecting some GUI and who wasn't? not at least the terminal that won't even show up in fullscreen..

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
Originally Posted by chase15 View Post
is that the finished one? i think he's still flashing it on his device.. and its not yet done...
Lol that is meego. What did you expect??? A full blown OS coded in a few months???

It has no GUI. That was mentioned ages ago. It won’t have a GUI for its first stages. Give them time to work on it.

OOooo man not good idea! was curious and flashed this, and i now have no idea what to do!!, how to i reflash back to regular firmware!!! ahh someone help plz?? i try doing a reflash in maemo flasher, i ran flasher-3.5.exe -F RX-51_2009SE_1.2009.41-1.VANILLA_PR_EMMC_MR0_ARM.bin -f -R in meamo flashaer 3.5 but i got using flashing protocol Mk II. nothing happen after! someone help me plz?

Posts: 643 | Thanked: 628 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Seattle (or thereabouts)
Make sure you're getting the correct image from that site. Pretty sure the eMMC one isn't the right one.

More detailed instructions are here: http://wiki.maemo.org/Updating_the_t...rmware#Windows

Posts: 4,365 | Thanked: 2,467 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Australia Mate
Originally Posted by anidel View Post
Why Lazy?

MeeGo is just a 'base' system that will be something that many platform will share in the near future.
The MeeGo that'll run on the N900 is based on this MeeGo that has been released today (fully open) with some additional closed source components and drivers that can't be released into the open due to licensing (as shame as that is).

They kept their word on what was about to be released.
If I read it correctly, the first MeeGo User Experience will be shown sometime in May.

Anyway.. this is the first day, the very first day and we're going to see how a fully blown system is going to be build almost from the very scratch.

Image this as a basic Ubuntu with no UI.. then on top of this we're going to get Xubuntu, Kubuntu and so on (i.e. the Ubuntu User Experiences).

This is what we've got today.
The MeeGo foundation. The first blocks.
wow im glad i read before flashing..... well, i lied. i was trying to flash but the instructions they give dont work for me..!! then i read this...........!!!!

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Originally Posted by eikido View Post
Is meego built on something or is it coded from 0 (apart from the linux kernel)?
Look the updated architecture diagram at http://meego.com/developers/meego-architecture

As promised, MeeGo is a merge of the best of Moblin and the best of Maemo.

The Following User Says Thank You to qgil For This Useful Post:
Posts: 60 | Thanked: 144 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Philadelphia
Interesting, the "Security" piece of the architecture is not yet ready for release. Will the MeeGo Security architecture be based on the Harmattan approach?

Posts: 219 | Thanked: 94 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Helsinki, Finland
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
Look the updated architecture diagram at http://meego.com/developers/meego-architecture
Interesting picture, still not as informative as I hoped. Any news about the PIM architecture? Any way to implement searching PIM content including local email, calendar, contacts, SMS, MMS, IM, etc... What is the backend for PIM data, some database with proper indexing of content?

Tags
yes it's a terminal