Notices

Posts: 3,811 | Thanked: 1,151 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ East Lansing, MI
Hey lowtek, I must have spoken incorrectly.

I meant to ask if you would try out Bundyo's idea of using VirtualGL before this weekend.

Do you have time to try it out?

Posts: 4,708 | Thanked: 4,649 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Bulgaria
There are no Maemo packages there though.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
There are no Maemo packages there though.
Ah poopers.

I thought VirtualGL was something that could be installed on my Windows PC so VNC Viewer would be able to display The Sims on the tablet rather than getting a black screen like I do now.

Grrrrrr......

i would be very excited to try it for you, but i'm not a coder....but virtualGL could open a lot of doors for games on hand held devices, including cell phones.

but as for right now, it would be cool alone to have a way to "stream" 3D games from a linux computer to a nokia tablet over wifi. like our own version of PSPdisp.

i first misread VirtualGL as VirtualGIRL....but thats a whole different topic

I agree.

Nothing like Counterstrike though but rather something simple like The Sims.

Oh well for now.

Oh hell.

I installed it on my desktop, but couldn't compile TurboVNC for N900 to try it out (the other client requires GL probably for the client rendering mode and that can't be switched off). Someone else with more time?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bundyo For This Useful Post:
hi Bundyo,

I don't want to seem like i'm stalking you, its just that you always seem to pop up around topics i'm interested in. to quote you:

Originally Posted by Bundyo View Post
There are people already working on the NX client port

I couldn't get it working though.

P.S. The post is wrong, so i removed it, here's the link to the actual client (scroll down):
http://austinche.name/maemo/index.html
I wonder if anything came up concerting FreeNX?

could NX accomplish what VNC doesn't? as far as playing a game running on your remote PC?'

and is NX or freeNX related to QTNX?

VirtualGL+TurboVNC will be probably better because it supports rendering on the server and transferring ready to show images, while if I remember correctly NX is rendering on client.

NX is courtesy of NoMachine. Their server is free to use but restricted to 2 connections at the same time. FreeNX is an OSS implementation of the server based on the released by NoMAchine sources and allows any number of connections, but doesn't implement all features the commercial one has like shadowing and guests (at least last I checked). QTNX is a QT client I think.