Hello ,

I'm a new N900 user, also this forum,

I have 3 problems with maemo, and I think if maemo team solve these problems, the N900 will be the top,

the problems are simple and these features was included with symbian phones

1) the back light, when receiving a call. so I cant see who is the caller and answer until unlocking the screen and so on, also when talking with people, and you want to check call duration or go to phonebook you need to unlock the screen and its boring !!

2) the tags or label in phonebook contacts, in symbian, I was editing it to manage numbers.. but now, I maemo its not possible to make it, and manage contacts in your own "style"

3) groups in phonebook !!

who agrees me ?
and we need an update to these simple and essential functionality
as soon as possible

Posts: 455 | Thanked: 782 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Netherlands
1) When receiving a call the screen will always light up - you couldn't answer it otherwise. If it doesn't light up you've either discovered a bug, or your proximity sensor is covered.

2) Not that much important, I'd rather have the ability to set a default phone number, or re-order the way they show when opening a contact card than to re-label each of them. But yes, it can be a useful feature.

3) You have groups, based on a service tho, and not user-editable. Yes, it would be nice to be able to group contacts into arbitrary groups.

Either way, there are couple of more urgent missing features/bugs, so I don't really consider those that much crucial, and I don't think that Maemo team will consider those either.

Hello,

thank you for your respond,

I tested the my phone in these days to check the 1st problem, and I found that its a problem or a BUG, because I checked the sensor in both ways, covered and uncovered,

point 2 and 3, i think that is an essential part of any mobile OS,

"essential" really?

Personally I'd check any device I was buying had "essential" features before I bought it...

The phone thing should show who's calling - unless I've misunderstood your problem?

When I get a call, the display comes on, showing who is calling and giving me the option to answer the call etc.

yes really !!