Posts: 423 | Thanked: 486 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, England
Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
its nearly easter so heres an easter egg for everyone who likes to watch streamed movies in full screen on their N900 - works great for me!
www.davidmovie.com
  • movies are usually split into 2 parts so watch part1 first then part2 (the movie will seem strange if you watch part2 then part1)
  • when you get the video window up you need to click the little 'close to play' button thats at the bottom of the ad thats in the video window.
  • then use the 'full screen' icon on the bottom right of the video to full screen it up (the X button next to the volume controller)!
  • the quality on some of the movies is rubbish but some are great ... usually older movies are better quality
SHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Hi Fraaanka

It may be a useful site for some, it's just that when I click a movie on my pc I get.....

It may be nothing but thought I should mention it...of course it may have been added by the movie studios...

Last edited by Dancairo; 2010-03-13 at 11:52.

Posts: 663 | Thanked: 282 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ London, UK
fraaaaanka
1. that site is dodgy
2. that post is off topic
3. you've posted that same post before and it got removed due to copyright infringements
Nokia are a business and have chosen a path of using the OSS community phenomenon to reduce their overheads specifically after sales support and development. Unlike Apple who do the opposite and make a killing from their Applications store.

Posts: 271 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Apr 2009 @ United Kingdom
Can someone try this link? I cannot watch it through the browser, it is too slow, even on low bandwidth version, nor can I download it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...ck_06_03_2010/

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton Keynes, UK
Nucking-Futs!!! Looks like the Beeb has changed the site, now there is no way of setting "low bandwidth"

The Following User Says Thank You to jamiefuller For This Useful Post:
Right-ho lads and lasses, since the BBC have changed the Wii version to no longer allow low bandwidth version my method seems to have stopped working...so, after playing around for a little while i think i may have another way :-)....

1. Go to the normal BBC iplayer page and click on a program that you want to watch.

2. At the bottom left of the playing screen there are 3 buttons, the first being the volume one, if you click the middle button it opens the program you wish to watch in a 'player console'....this plays smoothly and after a little stutter at the begining, plays perfectly....you can also click the 'full screen' button...again, perfect

3. If this works for you, click the 'thanks' button on my post ;-)

Dan

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Dancairo For This Useful Post:
Love how the beeb have shut out wii users on poor connections. Surely that isn't down to us guys...

Posts: 145 | Thanked: 304 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Milton Keynes, UK
dancairo, many thanks!!!! perfect solution.

Originally Posted by jamiefuller View Post
dancairo, many thanks!!!! perfect solution.
No probs Jamie, but one's fine
I see it as a personal battle

Originally Posted by Dancairo View Post
No probs Jamie, but one's fine
I see it as a personal battle
Thanks for the update Dan. Made new post with some screenshots:

Click

I resorted to using N97 for a bit after that BBC iPlayer update broke Wii low bandwidth version. Sound was terrible and lacked up to date shows.

Yay for BBC iPlayer on N900 again

On subject of updates and poor video playback - new youtube. Mine's stuttering on N900 video playback :S (desktop youtube seems smoother though, using up less resources)

The Following User Says Thank You to JayMontano For This Useful Post:
Well done Jay, excellent post and pics again.
Just had a look at youtube and it seems fine on mine though!