Active Topics

Posts: 519 | Thanked: 366 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ North Carolina (Formerly Denmark and Iceland)
Nope

After you´ve modified sygic settings to run in fullscreeen you don´t have access to that icon , and the only way to get out of sygic fullscreen, without exiting, is to push the power button.

When you push the power button the only button that is on that default menu, and will get you to a menu or desktop, is the phone application

There's loads of useless apps out there, something to give us a reboot button would be handy.

The Following User Says Thank You to berty For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by olighak View Post
Nope

After you´ve modified sygic settings to run in fullscreeen you don´t have access to that icon , and the only way to get out of sygic fullscreen, without exiting, is to push the power button.

When you push the power button the only button that is on that default menu, and will get you to a menu or desktop, is the phone application
Install 'camkeyd' from extras-devel. It turns your camera key into a task-switcher. Works great for me in sygic (full screen enabled).

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
You don't need Rootsh Installed... Just type "root"

Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
blimey, all these tips are great but the problem is everyone chips in with 'use leafpad' 'just type root' etc etc but what is lacking is a difinitive noob guide ... simple step by step by step instructions which is what i did.
I am confident there are much easier ways to add REBOOT to the power button menu .... but i dont know them!

If you guys really want to make it easier for people then why not write some step by step by step instructions, pm me the instructions and i will edit my text in the first post to your instructions if it is easier!

ooooooo whats that???? ... silence! lol

Cheers

Last edited by fraaaaanka; 2010-04-01 at 10:10.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to fraaaaanka For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,121 | Thanked: 1,540 times | Joined on Mar 2008 @ Oxford, UK
Originally Posted by maxximuscool View Post
You don't need Rootsh Installed... Just type "root"
You need rootsh installed in order to enable the root command.

The Following User Says Thank You to pelago For This Useful Post:
Posts: 33 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ philippines
Originally Posted by fraaaaanka View Post
blimey, all these tips are great but the problem is everyone chips in with 'use leafpad' 'just type root' etc etc but what is lacking is a difinitive noob guide ... simple step by step by step instructions which is what i did.
I am confident there are much easier ways to add REBOOT to the power button menu .... but i dont know them!

If you guys really want to make it easier for people then why not write some step by step by step instructions, pm me the instructions and i will edit my text in the first post to your instructions if it is easier!

ooooooo whats that???? ... silence! lol

Cheers
nice one...hehe.... nyway, for a newb like me, i admit and not ashamed of it, would really appreciate tutorials like this one coz not all people are that experts. appreciate this alot and hope others would do so on other mod... still an app would b better though.

The Following User Says Thank You to romelk For This Useful Post:
fraaaaanka RESPECT!

Thank you very much for this step-by-step mod.

Nokia should have made this an standard option in the power-menu for a device wich needs to be rebooted after installing apps.

As far as the noob comments goes, everyone is a noob at one time.

Greetz,

TylerD

p.s.: a app to run this mod would indeed be an easier outcome, better safe then sorry

The Following User Says Thank You to TylerD For This Useful Post:
Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
Originally Posted by berty View Post
There's loads of useless apps out there, something to give us a reboot button would be handy.
the 'healthcheck' application has a restart option.

The Following User Says Thank You to DJRedline For This Useful Post:
Well done mate, you've used your initiative and gone and looked up answers to your questions, whether or not you are a 'n00b' is irrelevant (hey everyone has to start somewhere, right?) the point is you have the right attitude.

This forum and the N900 needs a LOT more people like you and a lot LESS people like all the Apple iWant or iDemand users.

If the advice or slight pokes from some of the more advance people seems a bit short, don't take offence that's normal and actually in a way you have their approval! If there was anything serious I am sure it would have been flagged a while ago but always be prepared to take people's opinions and advice when you ask it even if it is negative!

They've made some good pointers about using something like Leaf instead of vi which really isn't a user cuddly editor.......

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LondonBenji For This Useful Post: