Originally Posted by r0be11 View Post
hey guys, I would like to customize my conversations too, and I have a few questions:

how do you do, or which program do you use to change edit the html/css/js files?
i use microsoft visual studio - for editing. leafpad is great for onboard editing

Do you have any way to visualize them in your computer or is more like a trial and error thing? (I mean: you change something, you put the files back into the phone, you check if it worked as you expected, and then you take them back, edit them again and repeat the process).

Thanks and keep the good work .
i ssh to n900, quickly browse to see the results. You cannot visualize it on your laptop since files use plenty of system classes.

Wow, the difference in this thread at the beginning and at the end is quite noticeable!

Has anyone tampered with the possibility of "adding" LED notifications for individual IM Accounts so we could distinguish between a Skype or AIM message, etc?

The Following User Says Thank You to Inacurate For This Useful Post:
hi again guys... I've tried and actually now I know how to change the font sizes but basically, that's it... html/css and I don't like each other that much... and what I want to customize is actually very simple (if you know exactly what must be changed).

so, you bubble messages guru's, if any of you can guide me to get the layaout that I want (or if any of you have 5 free minutes and don't mind to do it :P) I would really appretiate it:

you know the default SMS conversations layout? well, I like it... I would ONLY like to tweak the following:
1- have my avatar on the left (I kind of did this but I'm not sure how).

2- see my name instead of "You" (this is optional, I could live without it).

3- have a break line after the name.
instead of
Rob: this a test
Bob: really?
Rob: hell yeah, it is

have this:
Rob:
this a test
Bob:
really?
Rob:
hell yeah, it is

4- to have the time stamp in the top right corner; at the same line of the name... ex:
Rob:_______________________21:30pm
all work and no fun makes Rob a dull boy.

(the undeline shouldnt be there; is jut to show where the stamp would be)

5- if possible, translate this very layout to the skype/gtalk/ovi conversations.

and that's it...

what do I need to change?
thanks a lot guys.

PS: is there a way to create a "themes" section somewhere in Maemo.org where all of you could publish your conversations layouts/skins with a preview pic so anyone could browse them and install their favorites?

Last edited by r0be11; 2010-04-05 at 01:49.

Posts: 11 | Thanked: 4 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ California
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
deleted theme3 from thread, there were little margin issues that i fixed this weekend. so re-posting the files here
@niqbal I like what I see here...where do I load these files in the zip to get the same look?

@robe11

hmm is this what you had in mind? i DO NOT like it myself but here it is. to add your own name, edit .js file. Put your own name instead of mine

Code:
//niqbal code
    if (!item.self) {
        var name = item.name_str.split(":")[0];
        name = name.split(" ")[0];
        name_tag.textContent = name;
    }
    else{
        name_tag.textContent = "your_name_goes_here";

}
//niqbal code
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip conv-ui_theme4.zip (9.7 KB, 254 views)

Last edited by niqbal; 2010-04-05 at 07:34.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by deziredd View Post
@niqbal I like what I see here...where do I load these files in the zip to get the same look?
\usr\share\rtcom-messaging-ui\html

Originally Posted by b666m View Post
and here are the three files for my mod and a short how-to:

(0. make a backup of the original files! ^^)
1. place a picture with 60x60 in /usr/share/rtcom-messaging-ui/html/ named "avatar.png"
2. replace the three files (html, css, js) in the same folder with my modded files

i tried for about one hour to get absolute paths to work but it doesn't seem to work. so i had to place the png in the html-folder.
also the method which is used for fetching the pictures of the contacts doesn't seem to work for the own avatar - and it's not clickable too. ^^

How do you fix the repeating images?

I like this version but I can't fix the image :\

niqbal, thanks a lot mate!

even when it wasn't exactly what I had in mind I like it .

Anyway, I draw in paint exactly what I would like to achieve, (keeping the original colors of each theme... as I said, I like the original Nokia N900SMS theme, I just would like to know how to change the position of some items).

In case that interface is possible with the SMS, I would only have to rename the files to use it also in the gmail/ovi/skype conversations?.

Once again, thank you all for your disposition and good will .

Last edited by r0be11; 2010-04-06 at 02:41.

Originally Posted by r0be11 View Post

I wish i knew this was the layout you wanted, because its wayyy easier to achieve than what i did before. This took 2 mins using the very first version of b666m
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: zip conv-ui_robe11.zip (8.9 KB, 154 views)

Last edited by niqbal; 2010-04-06 at 11:14.

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to niqbal For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by niqbal View Post
I wish i knew this was the layout you wanted, because its wayyy easier to achieve than what i did before. This took 2 mins using the very first version of b666m
thanks A LOT mate . that's how I wanted my conversations to look alike since the very first day I used my N900.

hurray!!!

Tags
bada rox, his lunchbox