Active Topics

Closed Thread
If Nokia takes one more week to release this stuff, I think I'll buy a plane ticket and bomb their HQ in Finland. That would be just too much.
Just go easy with the explosives as i live 1km away from the Nokia House(Nokia HQ).

Posts: 552 | Thanked: 183 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Not decided
Originally Posted by omeriko9 View Post
no, it's not apple... They are not treating their customers as a "paying enemies".
They just ignore us
+150000000

I like how this thread is tagged "fictional update"

Posts: 415 | Thanked: 182 times | Joined on Nov 2007 @ Leeds UK
Just wondering, given all the impatience - do any of the ranting people actually know what is in the update, or is it just an excuse to troll and flame?
It is quite an exciting update, and I am wondering if the video calling includes skype and gtalk - I hope both.

Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
Just wondering, given all the impatience - do any of the ranting people actually know what is in the update, or is it just an excuse to troll and flame?
It is quite an exciting update, and I am wondering if the video calling includes skype and gtalk - I hope both.
Nope and nope. Just some optimizations.

There's a changelog out. Read the front page.

Posts: 19 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Birmingham
Originally Posted by deadmalc View Post
I have no idea. Thats why i want it so bad lol

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
peoples impatience for the next release is driven only by speculation on this stupid thread.
Seriously, who gives a **** when the next release comes? Do you have sleepless nights over it and awake really early just to check your notification area?
I say GET A LIFE.
I wouldn't be so radical. Just remember that early adopters for any kind of gadget are impatient by definition!! And the impatience is surely not driven by this thread, it would happen anyway...

You say "get a life", and I don't totally disagree. But why are you criticizing people for that? Why do you bother so much???

Each person defines its own priorities and choose whether having sleepless nights over or use the available time for something else. Your comment won't change anything about that...

Posts: 7,074 | Thanked: 9,069 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Moon! It's not the East or the West side... it's the Dark Side
love all the smart ppl coming to this thread and tell evreyone how act. get a life...lol...best comment yet.

I love nokia. this community, n900 and yes...this thread.

Not like i love my wife but its love.

thats why i'm here. so before you get up on your high horse. keep in mind that other ppl do not always think and like the same thing as u.

just ignore the threads you dont want. like or need.

peace

with that said, I want the PR 1.2 in my device now

Posts: 445 | Thanked: 572 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Oxford
Originally Posted by bonerp View Post
Seriously, who gives a **** when the next release comes?
I do. Because at the moment a feature that is important to me, that worked in the initial firmware release, and was broken by Nokia in PR1.1 is still broken on my device, despite being marked as fixed in bugzilla. Because thanks to Nokia's brain-dead 'QA' process my device is broken for absolutely no reason at all, and because I'd really rather they stopped it being broken sooner rather than later.

Posts: 308 | Thanked: 118 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ UK Swindon
^^^ was said tongue in cheek. But 88 pages in and the hysteria over an update that noone has a clue about when it will land is quite hysterical.

Yes Nokia QA is pants. Sadly most of their latest devices have been released without much of it.

however these forums are turning into a playground where too much crap is discussed and not enough value can be found just because there is so much waste that the good stuff is sadly lost. I for one don't have time to plough through endless replies that add no value. Hence I am finding that I am loosing the will to frequent this site.

Just a personal view and sadly I will be attacked because of it.

I think some of the tags say it all!

Closed Thread

Tags
avoid thread, fictional update, firmware, fremantle, future, goodwin's law, it will be on 12.21.2012, maemo, maemo 5, may be it's a myth?, may be next week, maybe april fools, maybe not, patience is a virtue, patience wastes your life, post generator, pr 1.2, pr1.2, product release, repost, rerun, rick roll'd, speculation, update, worst thread ever