lbatraw...so why do you need a usb ethernet since it comes with wireless....Would like to see how you modify the keyboard connectors and batteries to use without a powered hub as this is probably what I want...some portable keyboard. How about posting some of those pictures.

Man, you're kidding me! That BTC KB is about full-size. No way would I tote that around. Talk about looking like a dork in public! I suppose you stay home to use it!

Posts: 56 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Dec 2005 @ Stockholm area
Wireless USB, can this be something?

Belkin CableFree USB Hub Enables Instant Wireless Connectivity of USB Devices; Powered by Freescale's Ultra-Wideband Technology, Belkin Brings the World's First Wireless USB Product to the Market

http://home.businesswire.com/portal/...70&newsLang=en

TTP

Originally Posted by ttpcomp
Wireless USB, can this be something?
The 770 already has Bluetooth built-in, which is fine for peripherals. USB has two primary benefits: cheapness, and availability. Many things aren't available in Bluetooth.

Wireless USB is much less common than Bluetooth, and there are very few peripherals that support it. The 770 doesn't have it. So, you'd need to plug a wireless USB hub into your 770, with a battery in it, and get all new wireless USB accessories, each with batteries...

I've been playing with an usb-ethernet adapter (wireless isn't everywhere.) I can get it, dlink dub-e100, to initialize and get an IP address (ifconfig shows this.) But Maemo Apps still want to startup a wireless connection. How do I tell the OSSO layer to use the eth0?

Posts: 209 | Thanked: 8 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ Fishers, Indiana
I ended up creating a "fake" ad-hoc wireless network configuration. It's been a while since I goofed with it (Using IT2005), so I'm a little fuzzy on whether I had to delete the default route pointing to the wireless network and re-add it to point to wired network. If I get some spare time I'll try it with IT2006. I do remember having to compile my own kernel module for the particular ethernet adapter I was using and hacking the init scripts to auto-load it upon booting. Fun.....

Larry

Since I posted, I noticed that other low level stuff works fine. In fact I used 'apt-get install ssh' to get ssh up an running. I was then able to ssh into the nokia. I guess I will need to read up some more on how to create a "fake ad-hoc network" I didnt have to use a modifed kernel or anything (using IT2006.) All I did was "ifup eth0" and it did everything (go team!.)

Posts: 2,152 | Thanked: 1,490 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Czech Republic
Originally Posted by bherrmann7
How do I tell the OSSO layer to use the eth0?
http://maemo.org/maemowiki/DummyIAP

Also if you need to setup DNS you can create any of the following files
/tmp/resolv.conf.wlan0
/tmp/resolv.conf.ppp0
/tmp/resolv.conf.lo

I use the latter for the dummy AP. They are configured in /etc/dnsmasq.conf