which one should I edit to change the position of the quick-launch bar?... and which one is the 2G/3G applet?

hello? anybody?

Posts: 579 | Thanked: 286 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Australia
dont think any1 knows lol im waiting for an answer too

the amount of feedback is overwhelming... thanks guys!!! 8-)

Originally Posted by felbutss View Post
dont think any1 knows lol im waiting for an answer too
Some of the people obviously know how to, I mean, there are apps to even hide items for the quicklaunch bar.

I wrote an email to the publisher of one of those applications saying that I've been playing a bit with the X-Status-Menu-Position into the /etc/hildon-desktop/status-menu.plugins file but I haven't found a way to move the 2G/3G applet position neither the brightness.

He answered:
Hi
yes, that file is the key. However it is pre-populated with applets shipping on the device only and never updated after. That is why you do not see those add-ons you installed yourself.

Br,
--jakub

I mean, I KNOW THAT, the point is what do you need to change/edit/alter to hide or change the position of the applets you installed afterwards???

Last edited by r0be11; 2010-04-03 at 19:29.

Posts: 180 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Maine
I have the same question and have posted it to the Main Quick Launch thread. Let's see if we get an answer.

Fred

... hello? ANYBODY?

Browsing through different posts, I came to the answer:

1 - First, check the file:
/etc/hildon-desktop/status-menu.plugins
If the applet you want to move/reposition IS NOT listed in there, then, step 2.

2 - Go to the folder:
/usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu.
There, you'll see all the installed applets, and take note of the name of the applet you want to move/reposition.

3 - Once you got the name, just edit the file /etc/hildon-desktop/status-menu.plugins like this (thanks to b0unc3 for the info):

[NAME_OF_THE_APPLET_HERE]
X-Desktop-File=/usr/share/applications/hildon-status-menu/NAME_OF_THE_APPLET_HERE
X-Status-Menu-Position= X

where in NAME_OF_THE_APPLET_HERE you obviously put the name (for example quick-launch-sb.desktop) , and in X you put a number that will represent the postion into the status menu.

Enjoy .

PD: remember to back-up, just in case (Y)

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to r0be11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 436 | Thanked: 298 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ England
Just a tip, you dont need the add on that gives you take a screenshot or video in status bar area in my opinion as
1) the video is rubbish and not worth it
2) a screenshot can be taken by pressing CTRL & SHIFT & P at the same time, the screenshot is then in your images!
Attached Images