Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by Livinmalife View Post
Multi Tasking is only one of many reasons I chose the N900 over the iPhone... I could list them all but I'm sure most people here are aware of the benefits of the N900 over the iPhone. The biggy for me is i'm not Apples B*tch!
My wife has an iPhone and I didn't hate it until the first time I had to upload some new MP3 to her phone using a different laptop that I was using during the first time she asked me to transfer all MP3s she had. That ridiculous iTunes threaded me to erase all current musics to replace with the current library, which had about 10 songs... I had to install lots of different SW to find one that would do that and was not paid/shareware.

Since then I am very happy that I choose N900 over iPhone.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to russo_br For This Useful Post:
If you look on the second page the screen shot of Conky shows the CPU running at 1000Mhz

i read that you can only multitask on the iphone 4 up to four apps at once if so that sucks i can do like 20 before i start to slowdown

Originally Posted by JonWW View Post
If you look on the second page the screen shot of Conky shows the CPU running at 1000Mhz
yeah he' said it's overclocked and is stable

Today, a preview version of the installed PR1.2 initially feel a bit new version of N900 firmware of some changes, on the whole, feel welcome positive changes, and in the case of 1GHz overclock stable, should be affirmed. 与之前公布的更新内容相近( 新闻回顾 )。 And similar to previously announced updates

Posts: 130 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Hampshire, UK
how come this thread turned into an iphone discussion?

anyway nice find OP.

The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to DJRedline For This Useful Post:
Posts: 117 | Thanked: 48 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Manchester, England
Originally Posted by hcancelik View Post
Would you tell us those many reason? I'm really curios about them.
Pahhhh. They have been posted on these forums many times... for me personally the reasons are:

- Dont have to use itunes
- Can play most video formats without having to convert format
- Dont have to Jailbreak my own property to install 'decent' applications only to worry about new firmware undoing it again
- Better Camera
- Can add additional memory
- Open Source
- Bluetooth files.
- Its not owned by apple
- The phone contracts were not set to a standard rate for all networks so had more flexibility over minutes & texts etc.
- Its not an iPhone

The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Livinmalife For This Useful Post:
Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by Andy214 View Post
it's nothing like the N900 multi-tasking, which is true multitasking and you can see those web page loading, games running, videos playing, etc.
Games & video running on background? For sure that's really really important and must have functionality I think that for 100 people 95 would like them to pause/stop when they are on background if it means that UI is kept fluid and responsive this way. If we have lots of power then of course just multi task as much as possible,

Posts: 2,829 | Thanked: 1,459 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Finland
Originally Posted by russo_br View Post
Since then I am very happy that I choose N900 over iPhone.
Have you tried songbird?

Originally Posted by slender View Post
Games & video running on background? For sure that's really really important and must have functionality I think that for 100 people 95 would like them to pause/stop when they are on background if it means that UI is kept fluid and responsive this way. If we have lots of power then of course just multi task as much as possible,
@slender: it is true that one can do as much multitask as possible where the hardware is permitted. The point here is that i<whatever>'s ability is limited artificially and you have no way to overcome that. So by the same token, for 100 people 95 would like to have the choice to choose how he/she want to use the device that they have paid in full; than they are being told/limited to what they can do.

Posts: 844 | Thanked: 521 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ UK southampton
Right this is getting beyond the joke every thread seems to get hijacked by Iphone 4 comparisons. Just mentioning multitasking on here has destroyed a great find and discussion.
I've even made you a new thread to winge and compare the new iphone.
Winge about Iphone 4 here not on everyone elses threads
Please....

The Following 16 Users Say Thank You to casper27 For This Useful Post: