Originally Posted by slewis1972 View Post
Hi
I bought one:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

And first day using it. So far, its on 79% after 6 hrs, and thats with checking emails and about 40 mins of usings panucci podcast player. I am also running the n900 overclocked to 900.
If you observe the battery it says "made in japan". Usually products made there are top notch. The stock one you get is probably made in china (even if the device is korean). I'd really like to get one of these now
________
NEW MEXICO DISPENSARIES

Last edited by nax3000; 2011-03-18 at 12:46.

if it's good one, i'll order it asap !

Originally Posted by nax3000 View Post
If you observe the battery it says "made in japan". Usually products made there are top notch. The stock one you get is probably made in china (even if the device is korean). I'd really like to get one of these now
Hows the battery life so far?

I never even thought about getting new non Nokia battery, but for a £10 i could be interested.... let us know if N900 explodes

Read the feedback for the seller in regards to the battery. Search for "GOLD"

Why do you want to be the "next fool"

http://feedback.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayI...ve&interval=30

Battery DON'T WORK PROPERLY, cheap REPLICA, don't fit well, don't last long

Fake item, TOTALLY WASTE OF MONEY!!! (battery benchmark result = 1200-1230 mAh)

Item disappointed me, battery holds charge only 1 day, it's not a real 1900mAh

didn't hold charge anywhere near as much as genuine battery, say 75% of it.

Originally Posted by bugelrex View Post
Read the feedback for the seller in regards to the battery. Search for "GOLD"

Why do you want to be the "next fool"

http://feedback.ebay.com.my/ws/eBayI...ve&interval=30

Battery DON'T WORK PROPERLY, cheap REPLICA, don't fit well, don't last long

Fake item, TOTALLY WASTE OF MONEY!!! (battery benchmark result = 1200-1230 mAh)

Item disappointed me, battery holds charge only 1 day, it's not a real 1900mAh

didn't hold charge anywhere near as much as genuine battery, say 75% of it.
Errrmmm don't want to support a item I haven't tested myself, but that is 2 bad reports of the BL-5J out of 31 bad reports. I'm not going to trawl the positive reviews to see how many are for the item in question, but I think you should try to be a bit more unbiased when posting such a warning!

*Edit*
Ah I read your post properly, and I guess you were trying to warn people away from your bad experience!

Last edited by mahousaru; 2010-04-08 at 22:48.

i have this battery when it is fully charged it's 1230mah and no 1900 its the same as the original batterij I dont see a difference between battery time. so the 1900mah is fake.

I bought such a " gold battery " for my N95 8gb and it's terrible lol

Originally Posted by lexi1986 View Post
i have this battery when it is fully charged it's 1230mah and no 1900 its the same as the original batterij I dont see a difference between battery time. so the 1900mah is fake.
Doh that is a shame. For 10 nuggets it still isn't bad, as long as it has a decent amount of recharge cycles left and doesn't explode!

Originally Posted by lexi1986 View Post
I'd like to point out that the values reported by hal-device bme, battery-eye, batterygraph and similar are all based on what the battery says, not the actual capacity of the battery.

With the original nokia battery, this matches pretty well with the actual battery.

The way you notice if it's less than reported, is for example if it suddenly drops from 30% to 5% very rapidly...

Currently the best way to test the battery capacity is just to do some repeatable and consistent test. Such as uninterrupted mp3 playback with the device offline and screen off, and timing that. Or a movie on loop.

I'm working on talking directly to a battery "fuel gauge" chip in the N900, which has the ability, with some post-processing, to accurately measure the amount of energy going in and out of the battery, and thus benchmark it nicely.