Posts: 388 | Thanked: 842 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Finland
Win XP/7 won't boot in the N900 since there are no ARM versions. The only way is to use some kind of an emulator, but then the speed won't be anything to write home about.

I understood that he's booting XP/7 on his PC from the N900's mass storage.

Also I have no idea what "secsessed" is supposed to mean here. The word is not in the dictionary.

Posts: 857 | Thanked: 362 times | Joined on Feb 2009 @ London
Yeah still a pretty neat suggestion I guess.

sorry for my English

Posts: 44 | Thanked: 11 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Liverpool, UK
Why in heavens would you want to do that?

pmedia - if you need help translating into English - you can write me אשמח לעזור

it's actually pretty cool to be able to have a portable windows version always available
ps. 'secsessed' i guess means succeeded (successed)
@pmedia: no worries about your english, that's how you learn, just don't give up

Posts: 2,355 | Thanked: 5,249 times | Joined on Jan 2009 @ Barcelona
He's just asking for the NTFS kernel modules. They're easy enough to build. Weren't they packaged already iirc?

(dunno about ntfs-3g, never tried and never felt the need so far).

Posts: 36 | Thanked: 21 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ England
there is a lot of confusion in this thread, due mainly to the broken English.

from what i can see, the original post was meant to say that:

1. They have successfully managed to get a PC bootable installation of Windows XP on a microSD card, and by using the N900 as a microSD card reader, using the mentioned card to boot up their PC from the N900

2. The original poster would prefer to have Windows 7 on the microSD card, but after formatting the card (i would assume with Windows on a PC, via the N900 acting as a card reader) the N900 cannot see the microSD card anymore, and is asking for assistance.

i would suggest that Windows 7 will give you a headache here, since it seems that you need underlying system support in maemo so that the N900 can recognise the NTFS formatted microSD card.

i make this project 1 year ago , now i just put it in my n900.....

for the ntfs modules , i already install the client ftfs module from the app manager but steel the hone not recognize the sd

i do not understand this, are you saying you can boot windows on n900 or you have put windows files on microSD which is n900 and you can connect n900 to a pc and boot windows?

if its the latter then its nothing new and not really for n900 section, myabe i'm confused :S