Active Topics

haha... im wondering how these 'mobile or computer?' arguments are going to look in 10+ years time when every phone is faster than the latest average home desktop pc... :O

lets see :-
i can phone and text
i can install games
i can install applications of practically any variety
i can type out printable word documents/spreadsheets
i can browse the internet

result ?- a phone IS a computer ..but they always have been! regardless of whether they could do any of the above at all.. all phones have processors. theyve just never been fast enough until now to run the same applications as a laptop or desktop sorry for stating the obvious, but its a pointless argument :P as to whether someone wants to regard it as a 'phone' first, or 'mobile computer' in first, nobody can be wrong. It depends entirely on the individual user and their main needs. nokia want people to regard it as a phone from their advertising as its the portable device thats designed to replace current mobile phones, since it can still call... and still fits in your pocket!

ps everyone forgot about including the 'mobile camera' aspect, but then that just confuses matters, lol

Originally Posted by HtheB View Post
Why does everybody still thinking that the N900 is a phone!?

The N900 is NOT a phone!
It's an internet tablet WITH calling options etc!

do your homework guys before starting to talk sh*t!!!!!
sorry, but this kind of threads makes me angry now....
So the fact that is an internet tablet with a phone option means that the phone app can suck as much as it wants and you don't give a freaking damn because "hey! is not a phone.. you should be actually thankful that you can make/receive phone calls!!!"?.

I disagree, if nokia included the "phone option" into the N900 then they should make it work as well as it works in any of the other "true" nokia-phones, even if it an internet tablet.

PD: I love my N900, and besides few minor complaints I'm 100% confortable with it, but that kind of answers makes me angry... every time something phone-related with the N900 sucks people jump out of nowhere saying "is not a phone, it's not a phone" like if that gives Nokia free way to do any **** they want and no one can even think in complain about it, because "hey, it's not a phone mate"... well, but one of its functionalities is to make/receive freaking phone calls and it should do it RIGHT and instead of defending Nokia no matter what, we should analise the complains and somehow try to improve the device and make even better.

Last edited by r0be11; 2010-04-09 at 14:23.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to r0be11 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
The funny thing about these threads is, the OP often tries to bend over backwards to say good things about the N900, and yet is often greeted like a die-hard hater of the N900.
I won't defend any of the nastiness. I don't care for it either.

But I think people are just tired of new threads on this (especially with such flamebaiting titles). Why not just add to one of the thousand or so existing ones?

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Texrat For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by r0be11 View Post
I disagre, if nokia included the "phone option" into the N900 then they should make it work as good as any other nokia-phone works, even if it an internet tablet.
You brought a device with poor phone functionality, they may improve it, they may not, but one thing you can't deny is that you didn't buy the phone.

If like me you brought it before it came out, then you took a gamble. If you didn't like the phone app then there are plenty of options to constructively help improve it rather then ragging on Nokia every chance.

Nokia should have done this, Nokia should have done that doesn't help. Just the same as if I said to you, you should have waited until you were able to test it, or you should have researched it better.

Originally Posted by mahousaru View Post
You brought a device with poor phone functionality, they may improve it, they may not, but one thing you can't deny is that you didn't buy the phone.

If like me you brought it before it came out, then you took a gamble. If you didn't like the phone app then there are plenty of options to constructively help improve it rather then ragging on Nokia every chance.

Nokia should have done this, Nokia should have done that doesn't help. Just the same as if I said to you, you should have waited until you were able to test it, or you should have researched it better.

so, bottom line: it can suck, nobody cares, it's a freaking tablet, not a phone, get a life...

I got it (y)

so, bottom line: it can suck, nobody cares, it's a freaking tablet, not a phone, get a life...

I got it (y)
No my point is, if you brought something without testing if it lives up to your expectations, then really you should think about who to blame. More importantly with a device like the N900 instead of blaming how about trying to help improve it?

well, if no one complains, Nokia would think "they love it the way it is, let's keep it like that" and that's not 100% true because there is a lot of room for improvement.

for me (and I'm ready for the hate mail) N900 is not a tablet, is not a phone... it's both... it's (it will sound like a Nokia advertise) a revolutionary device that stands over the thin line that divides "smart phones" from "internet tablets".. it's a middle ground. Is it too much to ask the device to, at least, try to be the best of both worlds? why people is most of the time like "if you want a phone, buy one, this is a tablet"... I know what I bought, I'm extremely happy with it, and, at the same time it's exciting to think what N900 could be if it reaches all of its potential in "both worlds", as an internet tablet and as a kick *** phone.

Last edited by r0be11; 2010-04-09 at 14:42.

wow. I just read through the whole thread. And wow is the only word that can describe my feelings after reading this..

Now im not english. But a title like "i have the worst phone in the world", actually says " I have the worst phone in the world".
Its not We have the worst phone in the world, or all of YOU have the worst phone in the world.

How a statement like that can be provocative i really can not for the life of me see. If you click into the thread with that title, and you have a feeling that this is provocing you. Reading the actual Thread should rid you of that feeling.

Cause the thread explains that this is his view of his device. Not that its a flame towards every N900 out there. And furthermore, no one should be put off buying the N900 after reading the thread, as its clearly ment for his device only..

A community should be about helping, suppurting and discussing subjects. So the starter of this thread is clearly looking for all of the above.

But instead he is met with hostile comments like get the **** out of this forum, and by an iphone, sell you device etc.

Now the answers should be something like: " you should probably let Nokia fix that for you" or " have you tried this or maybe this" or even " sorry that you have had such bad luck with your device, mine is working flawlessly in the points you mention".

If someone else feels the urge to attack, please dont. Its not constructive at all. The thread points out issues, and he is expressing his feelings and meanigs toward the device and the issues. Nothing more. No harm done to the reputation of the N900.
No need to become hostile or even threatning.

Just my two cents...

Last edited by Kevven; 2010-04-09 at 14:46.

The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Kevven For This Useful Post:
well, if no one complains, Nokia would think "they love it the way it is, let's keep it like that" and that's not 100% true because there is a lot of room for improvement.
There are plenty of constructive ways to help improve the N900 rather then just demanding that Nokia should have released the phone app as good as their current s60 phones.

When someone does that I subconsciously get distracted by the motives of the poster. Are they trolling? Are they raging coz they didn't do a sensible purchase and want to blame someone else?

There have been plenty of posts already when people have been making suggestions on how to improve the device and helping troubleshoot bugs in a positive and constructive manner.

Last edited by mahousaru; 2010-04-09 at 14:49.

Come on guys. It's been marketed as both a Phone and a Computer.

Whilst the attention grabbing "I hate the Nokia N900" threads are pretty lame and annoying, so is the "it's not a phone it's a internet tablet" mantra that is chanted back.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SirMuttley For This Useful Post:

Tags
kill the infidels, n900 != phone, troll thread, unproductive thread, worst thread ever