Active Topics

Posts: 323 | Thanked: 32 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ Southern Oregon Coast
johnel is offline johnel

03-29-10 , 04:07 AM
Posts: 345 | Thanked: 281 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ earth?

Report This | #3
Why don't you create some mock-ups of how you would like the apps to look like?

Post the screenshots here and everyone can have a look and suggest improvements?

I write software for a living but I am terrible at GUI layouts, programmers are crap GUI designers!

MeeGo Realisticly

I like cake.

* Quote & Reply | Quick Reply | Thanks!

The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to johnel For This Useful Post: Remove Your Thanks
AsiQue, coosbaytv, noobmonkey, ossipena, pyromaniac, tissot
__________________________________________________ __

I think that reading this post has caused the lightbulb to go on!

1- As johnel states, there are different skill sets involved between coders/developers and designers/artists.

2-Both have to be involved to create a great app or piece of hardware

3-Apple users have a tenancy to focus on using and creating content

4-Linux users have a tenancy to focus on tweaking the hardware via code

5- I AM NOT AN APPLE PRODUCT USER (I've had 1/2 dozen Windows products and my N810)

6- I am a creative type which is why I don't really fit here.

7- My intent on my post on the N900 was to bring up the fact that I saw a lot of users shooting themselves in the foot with many negative comments about their OWN device. (No, I don't have one nor will I ever as I stated I am a Sprint CDMA customer and the N900 is SIM based)

8- I apologize to anyone who thought I was a troll. My intention was to bring up that there ARE many MAC users here who PROBABLY feel very uncomfortable because of the us vs them attitude that I was picking up on (even as a non Mac user)

9- There is now a blended OS/Platform integration happening in terms of tech usage in our culture. Whether we want to accept it or not, it IS here.

10- The majority of this forum thinks differently than I do. However, I have found some common ground with many forum members here. My purpose is to bring an alternative point of view that can hopefully be used to see a different perspective. That's all.

thanks

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to coosbaytv For This Useful Post: