Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
I smashed my N900, and then bought another one. Transferring my SIM from one phone to another did not transfer my contacts, mail, etc.

I'm a total n00b here -- what do I need to do to transfer all that info from the old phone to the new phone?

if using windows, get nokia's suite (ovi suite?), snyc teh old and then the new one.
or check below /home/user/ on the old one -- everything important _should_ be there.

use th backup app on the phone and then it will say to MyDocs/backup/ you can find the file using mass storage mode.

copy the backup to your new phone and do restore. I have done this, very easy and great app!

this restores, contacts , messages, settings, bookmarks and app(will download again)

Hmm you could try the "Transfer and sync" from the settings or maybe do a backup from the old one with the backup app and transfer the file to the new one. But I dont know if you can still use the old one to do these....

are you selling your phone? if you then firstly I'd like to buy it, and secondly I'd be happy to backup your stuff and send it to you in an email attachment.

Posts: 277 | Thanked: 348 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Fargo, North Dakota, USA
Rash, I already sold it. -- but thanks. And thanks everyone, I managed to get my contacts and stuff successfully transferred. Really appreciate the help.