Notices

Posts: 1,716 | Thanked: 3,007 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Warsaw, Poland
Basic packaging is done: http://codex.xiaoka.com/apt/pool/free/u/uae4all/

But it's not really usable now - joystick is not emulated yet, so you cannot navigate menu.
It's time to dive in the code.

If you want to try it, you need KICK.ROM or KICK13.ROM file in MyDocs.

Last edited by smoku; 2010-04-11 at 20:53.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by smoku View Post

If you want to try it, you need KICK.ROM or KICK13.ROM in MyDocs.
Going off what you wrote do we need to rename the kickstart 1.3 rom to kick13.rom????

yes you do have to rename your kickstart rom to kick13.rom.

it works up until the menu like smoku said because the joystick for the menu isn't configured yet but it seems quicker the way the menu loads up and the scolling background moves, small things i know but i have used the wiz version and this seems quicker and the gp2x wiz version runs 98% fine even at 533mhz.

i am very confident this is the version to use once its ported correctly

But it's not really usable now - joystick is not emulated yet, so you cannot navigate menu.
Speaking of which...
How would I emulate joystick? I cannot use the arrow keys, because A500 (as you can see below) does have arrow keys on keyboard.
I have SIXAXIS paired, so I have /dev/input/js devices, but this is not an option for most of N900 users.

This extends to another question. How do I simulate all other missing keys? Fx, A, Alt, Esc, Help? Using Fn chords seams feasible, but maybe someone has another idea.

P.S. I still don't have no idea for Maemo GUI. Someone with UX design skills would certainly help.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Speaking of which...
How would I emulate joystick? I cannot use the arrow keys, because A500 (as you can see below) does have arrow keys on keyboard.
I have SIXAXIS paired, so I have /dev/input/js devices, but this is not an option for most of N900 users.

This extends to another question. How do I simulate all other missing keys? Fx, A, Alt, Esc, Help? Using Fn chords seams feasible, but maybe someone has another idea.

P.S. I still don't have no idea for Maemo GUI. Someone with UX design skills would certainly help.
I suggest a modifier..... let the volume key or something switch between emulating joystick and keyboard. And then have fn key to use missing keys a,alt,F keys and so on.

You can also consider letting the n900 keyboard be joystick, where ppl can set their own keys, and then make a stylus friendly virtual amiga keyboard popup when pressing fn key or something. This would fix the missing keys problem.. the missing keys are needed in many games for full experience I remeber a flight simulator, wich used most keys on keyboard to start the plane and then joystick to controle it.

isen't the ui in uae4all allready good enough? just need some scaling or am i missing something??

Last edited by mthmob; 2010-04-11 at 22:42.

I've tested Arnims binary of a psx4all version.
In it you can make basic movements in the menues.
Mousemovements in games were supported.

http://talk.maemo.org/showpost.php?p...5&postcount=63

In your version, I can't start games on command line. I can't even start with only the KICK.ROM in MyDocs like described.

In videos of psx4all for S60, you can see that there is an option to switch between mouse, joystick and a virtual keyboard.
Isn't it already implemented in the source ?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3-qbVuzrV04

Last edited by scorpio16v; 2010-04-12 at 15:50.

The Following User Says Thank You to scorpio16v For This Useful Post:
Posts: 1,397 | Thanked: 2,126 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Dublin, Ireland
Speaking of which...

Let me suggest you to talk with javicq and see how is he managing this issue with his Amstrad CPC emulator, as it has a very similar keyboard layout to the Amiga.

Builder is back.
http://maemo.org/packages/view/uae4all/

CPCm interface is very nice. I guess I will stick to it.

The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to smoku For This Useful Post:
@smoku

I am looking forward to your next release i think you are now going in the right direction.

Javicq did a great job with the cpc emulator i know you will do an equally good job.

Again your work is always appreciated.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bazza For This Useful Post: