Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by Kroll View Post
Whaaat? If u mean the application menu in statusbar, look into this thread again... post #16
Kroll, I already have the application menu in the statusbar. What I can't figure out how to do is move the statusbar to the top-left and move the application menu (the bar that has the dropdown menu for each application) to the right of the screen like you have.

Thanks.

Posts: 637 | Thanked: 445 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Kaliningrad, Russia
Sorry, my English is not very good

It's very easy. Edit the /usr/share/themes/%themename%/matchbox/theme.xml
Look near 85-90 line, you will find it...

Sorry, my English is not very good

It's very easy. Edit the /usr/share/themes/%themename%/matchbox/theme.xml
Look near 85-90 line, you will find it...
Thanks, I edited the status bar X position however it did not seem to make any difference. Was I suppose to edit something else?

hm. You have to edit 89 line (status bar applet panel) - x=0, y=0, w=285, h=50 (my settings) and 85 (area that launches application menu) - x=255, y=0, w=400, h=50 (my settings).
Than restart hildon desktop (sudo killall hildon-desktop) or reboot tablet.

hm. You have to edit 89 line (status bar applet panel) - x=0, y=0, w=285, h=50 (my settings) and 85 (area that launches application menu) - x=255, y=0, w=400, h=50 (my settings).
Than restart hildon desktop (sudo killall hildon-desktop) or reboot tablet.
I got it to work with the echo theme, but by work I mean that the statusbar is in the correct place, the application menu is not. However I cannot seem to get this to work on any of the other themes (Yes, I have edited their files)

Kroll, could you send me or post a copy of you work in progress theme so that I can see what you did and how you did it?

Thanks!

I can send you my .config files later.

May be it's not works for you because you have tasknavigatr?

I can send you my .config files later.

May be it's not works for you because you have tasknavigatr?
I got it working now. But now I am having other problems. Skippy XD no longer works, when i press the switch task button the screen flickers and nothing else happens. I have tried reinstalling but have not had any luck.
(I also found this for those may be interested) http://frediablo.garage.maemo.org

Also, is it possible to have more than 7 icons in the statusbar without it going onto a second level? Is it possible to make applications start in fullscreen by default?

Thanks!

(I also found this for those may be interested) http://frediablo.garage.maemo.org
lol. No, thanks...

I know about flashing skippy-xd and had the same problem. In a few days Telescope (task switcher) will be usable in alpha version and you will able to use it...

I don't think that you can place more than 7 applets in the statusbar. May be you can find something in /theme/%themename%/gtk-2.0/gtkrc but I didn't find anything about nomber of applets...

It's possible if developer made his application fullscreen by default.

I gave telescope a try today and it works great. its much better than skippy-xd. If possible I would like to sugjest adding a close button to the telescope view. (I know one is there but it would be nice if it was a button, rather than just an aria to click on.) Also it would be nice if it used the desktop wallpaper rather than the included image.

Other than that is is great. https://garage.maemo.org/projects/telescope/

I'm getting a dependency error. libimlib2 package missing.
Boot from MMC
Gpodder Cache on MMC
MTube Cache on MMC
Mugen 1800mAh Battery
Addesso USB rollup keyboard
Solio Solar Charger
Holux GPSlim GPS

N810
community SSU
Turbo Diablo
8GB external
Boot from Internal SD
Still no GPS Fix.

N900
Stock
32GB
Many Solar Chargers (Saved bacon during Sandy!)
Inland ProHT BT keyboard
What's this? A GPS Fix? Wowwwwwww