Active Topics

Posts: 13 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Netherlands
This new browser is great news!
Google can now do much of the missing PIM-stuff. And I remember feeling frustrated that I couldn't open locally stored .htm-files in Opera*, this new browser does that without a problem.

One thing: the "fit to width" option seems to work a bit differently from the Opera-version, it feels a bit more clumsy.

(* disclaimer: my memories turn hazy after a couples of weeks. Maybe it wasn't Operas fault, maybe it was just me not finding out how to do it)

Posts: 121 | Thanked: 172 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ sofia, bulgaria
Originally Posted by disq View Post
Tip: To enable the "default browsing switcher menu", to be able to switch to Opera, close all instances of the web browser, and edit /home/user/.browser and make "hidden=true"

That way you don't have to uninstall it if you need Opera.
can i ask for a detailed instructions for this? i'm a total newbie with linux.
thanks

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
Yes, I have to admit this is impressive, and more than makes up for the anemic upgrade firmware we got earlier.

However, when I went to the Google Spreadsheets pages, my spreadsheet came up with a black empty void where the spreadsheet was supposed to be. I could run Preview and see my original data, but I didn't see how I could edit it.

Originally Posted by POost View Post
This new browser is great news!
Google can now do much of the missing PIM-stuff. And I remember feeling frustrated that I couldn't open locally stored .htm-files in Opera*, this new browser does that without a problem.

One thing: the "fit to width" option seems to work a bit differently from the Opera-version, it feels a bit more clumsy.

(* disclaimer: my memories turn hazy after a couples of weeks. Maybe it wasn't Operas fault, maybe it was just me not finding out how to do it)
Re Google docs, spreadsheet display does not work correctly. Either new or loaded spreadsheets display black text over a black background... I tried fiddling with "selecting all" and then trying to adjust the text and background colors but I didn't succeed.

Anyone observing this too?

-- Denis

Posts: 15 | Thanked: 1 time | Joined on Jun 2007 @ Utrecht (The Netherlands)
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
Thanks, editing the .browser file worked for me. I wonder why this option appears enabled for some people and not others? Could it be related to having done a restore from backup after upgrading to the new firmware?
I didnīt do a restore from backup and had the option to switch. I think you're right.

Any idea how to use it with our OLD 770?
And without the OS2007 HE?

Thanks, great Job!

Has anyone figured ut yet how to reconfigure the D-pad in Mozilla? In Opera I edited the input.ini file to set Down = Page Down and Up = Page Up, to let up/down scroll by a page. I've looked around but haven't figured out how to do this with the new browser. Anyone?

The most noticable issues so far:
- There's a delay before it starts loading the page, like as when I network over GPRS instead of wi-fi.
- Changing zoom level is much slower. This is probably what bothers me most in normal use.
EDIT: - Even more the fact that the on-screen keyboard keeps popping up at all times, even when I have the external BT kbd enabled..

Last edited by TA-t3; 2007-07-18 at 11:00.

Originally Posted by TA-t3 View Post
The most noticable issues so far:
- There's a delay before it starts loading the page, like as when I network over GPRS instead of wi-fi.
- Changing zoom level is much slower. This is probably what bothers me most in normal use.
EDIT: - Even more the fact that the on-screen keyboard keeps popping up at all times, even when I have the external BT kbd enabled..
I had several crashess when changing the zoom level. Page rendered was a large table, no problem with Opera.

BEWARE: The keyboard bug will stay even if you switch back to opera. Even if you uninstall the new browser, the keyboard bug will still remain.

Originally Posted by geneven View Post
However, when I went to the Google Spreadsheets pages, my spreadsheet came up with a black empty void where the spreadsheet was supposed to be. I could run Preview and see my original data, but I didn't see how I could edit it.
Snap. Is this a known issue?