Hello everyone,

First, I apologize because of my bad English. If I have any mistakes, please forgive, thank you.

My problem is, I always have a new message in my inbox, but it doesn't appear. When I receive a new sms (only 1 sms), the number of new sms displayed is (2). And after read that sms, the new sms icon still exists, and the text is still blue...

If I receive sms from multi people, all sms text is blue with "new sms icon" although I read all them already.

LOL... may be strange but now, I don't know what is my new sms that I have just received... If anyone know the way to resolve this problem, please tell me what to do.

Thank you.

Guest | Posts: n/a | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on
I'm not sure I can directly help you, as I don't have a cell plan for my N900 currently, but to clarify...
- When you mention the number of new SMS messages, are you talking about in the Conversations app, the Notification (e.g. "Orange Bubble"), or something else (e.g. the Conversations desktop widget)?
- Which text is blue?
- Is the problem that one particular message is not getting marked as "read" once you read it, or that it shows one more unread message than actually appears in the list?
A screenshot might help show what you mean (the load-applet package adds a screenshot button to your status area, if you don't already have that installed).
Cheers

Thank you for you reply, jaem.

- Yes, Iam talking about the Conversations app, default app in N900. Even after install "Conversations desktop widget", the number of new message displayed at bottom left of the table in Desktop is 1 (but it shows "No new message")

- I mean that message status is still unread. Not one more message. As you said: message is not getting marked as "read". And if I have more than 1 message, all messages not getting marked as read too...

Iam sorry about screenshot.... Iam trying because I've just use N900 for some days. Will be updated soon.

I just reflashed my n900 and started to have this problem. All new messages stay as unread. The conversations desktop app will remove the text when the message is read but the icon with the number of texts stays on the widget. The widget had this behavior for 2 different versions of the app. Text on names in conversations list stay colored even after deleting the conversations and staring new ones. I think its just an error in the reflash so.. I'm flashing it again.

Flash the Device again will not resolve this problem. But I found one way, and you can try. Tested.

Very simple, open X-Terminal and run this command

rm /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db
If Root Permission required, install Rootsh and run this

rootsh rm /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db
Or

sudo gainroot rm /home/user/.rtcom-eventlogger/el.db
Good luck.

The Following User Says Thank You to KaiStone For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by KaiStone View Post
Flash the Device again will not resolve this problem. But I found one way, and you can try. Tested.

Or

Good luck.
maybe its a good thing to note that:
a reboot is required for this AND! also
entering these lines will delete all your conversations.

The Following User Says Thank You to cihant For This Useful Post:
Posts: 12 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Slovenia
hi!
i couldnt find any other proper thread about problems with sms and conversations, so im writing here.

i have a problem, a small annoying bug on my n900. in the conversations app the pictures, of the people with witch im having a conversation, sms or IM, are showed correctly. but in every conversation with a specific person, the picture has a part of its left side cut and pasted on its right side, and a part of its top pasted on the bottom...
its not a big deal, but it annoys me.
any helpfull tips?
ty in advance

Posts: 103 | Thanked: 36 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ United Kingdom, Huddersfield
Originally Posted by psiho View Post
hi!
i couldnt find any other proper thread about problems with sms and conversations, so im writing here.

i have a problem, a small annoying bug on my n900. in the conversations app the pictures, of the people with witch im having a conversation, sms or IM, are showed correctly. but in every conversation with a specific person, the picture has a part of its left side cut and pasted on its right side, and a part of its top pasted on the bottom...
its not a big deal, but it annoys me.
any helpfull tips?
I have also noticed this, didn't notice until i read your post tho

Last edited by AliasXZ; 2010-04-21 at 12:44.

Posts: 1,665 | Thanked: 1,649 times | Joined on Jun 2008 @ Praha, Czech Republic
Whoah. Not warning that this will delete all conversations is quite rude IMO.

Or

Good luck.
hey man ive had this problem and your command did the trick.
however it didnt work for my PHONE contacts.
its still highlighted and it still shows how many missed calls each contact has on my phone.
any idea on how to fix this too?
(btw i had backed up my smses and im chats.i tried to restore them.my contacts came back, but the smses didnt!help!i really need em!)