Notices

Posts: 138 | Thanked: 43 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Vancouver Island, Canada
Originally Posted by geneven View Post
Unfortunately, I tried a zillion things and couldn't get it to work. I will keep my N800 handy; it works perfectly on that!

I hope that someone can figure out how to fix it. There are a few of us with big Audible collections and I'm one.
Agreed. I have a small but growing Audible collection. My Sansa Fuze included 2 months free at Audible.com which is how I got started. Now that I have the N900 with 32GB, I'm hoping to retire the 8GB+8GB Fuze. I already have 17GB of audio on the N900 and looking to expand that.

I called Audible.com about N900...nothing yet from them, but getting requests.
Did anyone figure out something for N900 and Audible.com files?

Posts: 61 | Thanked: 9 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ San Diego
They have lots of weird phones/devices support but N900.

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Suffolk
I listen to a lot of audible books on my N900. The only way I have managed to do this is by downloading the files to my pc via audible manager and then strip the drm out of them with a program called sound taxi and load the converted mp3 on to the N900, doesn't take too long.

Never had to do this with my old symbian os phones as the audible app available for symbian works very well. Agreed we really need something like this for maemo right now.

The Following User Says Thank You to torsen For This Useful Post:
Posts: 283 | Thanked: 31 times | Joined on Jun 2009 @ US Air Force
Originally Posted by torsen View Post
I listen to a lot of audible books on my N900. The only way I have managed to do this is by downloading the files to my pc via audible manager and then strip the drm out of them with a program called sound taxi and load the converted mp3 on to the N900, doesn't take too long.

Never had to do this with my old symbian os phones as the audible app available for symbian works very well. Agreed we really need something like this for maemo right now.
i just found this thread the hard way... i feel the same as the rest of you guys.. i just tried all that i could to get my audible books on my N900, but with no luck. I looked up this sound taxi business and the Cnet message board on it, says its good, but i thought it was free. I still wish Audible.com would give throw us a bone here I mean come on..

Posts: 53 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Oct 2007 @ Suffolk
Originally Posted by jalladin View Post
I looked up this sound taxi business and the Cnet message board on it, says its good, but i thought it was free.
Apologies, I should have stated in my post that you do have to pay for sound taxi.

There may be other options available that are free, but ST is the best I could find. Plus what with recent developments/news [Meego] it is doubtful we will get anything from audible for maemo now. At least we have Panucci for playing the converted books

Originally Posted by torsen View Post
Apologies, I should have stated in my post that you do have to pay for sound taxi.

There may be other options available that are free, but ST is the best I could find. Plus what with recent developments/news [Meego] it is doubtful we will get anything from audible for maemo now. At least we have Panucci for playing the converted books
Do you know any freeware software which would remove drm from audible.com files? I have a three month subscription to audible.com, but I'll doubt I'll continue that if I don't find any freeware software for drm removal..

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
There is a teensy bit of hope, at least in my brain, that with the next update of Flash support will come support of Adobe Air, which might help with Audible books.

One of the things that has surprised me about the N900 is how Nokia happily dropped things it supported in earlier tablets, namely the Garnet/Palm/Audible stuff, as well as Rhapsody.

Nokia never did any garnet, palm, and never had any support for DRM audio files on the previous tablets.

Hi I found an app called micremulator which is supposed to emulate a java based phone. Audible have a beta java player, anyone know how to get the two to work together?