Active Topics

Notices

Customize Queen BeeCon Widget (>=v0.1.4) as:
N900 Hard Sleep Mode

The Beecon will put the N900 into Hard Sleep Mode. When pressed, it'll perform the following actions:
  • Set WIFI OFF
  • Change phone network mode to GSM
  • Shutdown all network connections
  • Blank the screen
  • Lock device

Ready?!

Preparation Steps:
  1. Download and Install Queen Beecon Widget (>=v0.1.4) (Warning! It's still in extras-devel; if you like it, I need your support for testing and promoting to Testing and Extras)

2. Save icons/images attached to the post (or Download and extract zip file attached to the thread for your convenience) and store images in the specified N900 directory, create it if not existing. (Warning: inside the zip file there could be images with numbers appended to common graphic filenames extensions - ex. football-icon.png.3 - this is NOT an error!) - Do NOT save the following images as their filename will not be correct!

3. Just drop them HERE:

4. Make sure you copy the following Exported Instance Data to your phone's clipboard. (Do not modify anything as it is checksum protected and modifications will invalidate checksum!)
    See HERE for tutorial
    Code:
    [queen-beecon-header]
    version=1,000000
    checksum=1860236
    [queen-beecon-exported-instance]
    widgetType=1
    operationalStatus=0
    hideCanvas=true
    snippetBgRGB=0
    beecon_lt0_ImgZoom=0
    beecon_lt0_BgRGB=2
    beecon_lt0_ImgFilename=queen-beecon-syserr.png
    beecon_eq0_ImgZoom=0
    beecon_eq0_BgRGB=3
    beecon_eq0_ImgFilename=queen-beecon-appok.png
    beecon_eq1_ImgZoom=0
    beecon_eq1_BgRGB=4
    beecon_eq1_ImgFilename=queen-beecon-appwrn.png
    beecon_ge2_ImgZoom=0
    beecon_ge2_BgRGB=5
    beecon_ge2_ImgFilename=queen-beecon-apperr.png
    beecon_idxge2_ImgZoom=0
    beecon_idxge2_BgRGB=11
    beecon_idxge2_ImgFilename=queen-beecon-index.png
    widWidth=97
    widHeight=97
    instanceTitle=hardsleep
    instanceCmd=run-standalone.sh dbus-send --system --dest=com.nokia.icd /com/nokia/icd_ui com.nokia.icd_ui.disconnect boolean:true ; rmmod wl12xx ; run-standalone.sh dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.phone.net /com/nokia/phone/net Phone.Net.set_selected_radio_access_technology byte:1 ; run-standalone.sh dbus-send --print-reply --system --dest=com.nokia.mce /com/nokia/mce/request com.nokia.mce.request.req_tklock_mode_change string:locked
    cmdImgFilename=hardsleep.png
    cmdImgZoom=0
    cmdFgRGB=1
    cmdVisibilityPosition=0
    cmdImgVisibilityPosition=5
    cmdJustify=0
    cmdFontName=3
    cmdFontSize=12
    resImgFilename=queen-beecon-resimg.png
    resImgZoom=0
    resFgRGB=1
    resVisibilityPosition=0
    resImgVisibilityPosition=0
    resJustify=0
    resFontName=2
    resFontSize=12
    updOnStartup=false
    updOnClick=true
    updOnDesktop=false
    delayIndex=0
    updNeworkPolicy=0
  5. Proceed with the import of the "Exported Instance Data" according to the following instructions:
    Import Procedure for Beecon Exported Instance Data

6. Eventually "Save" your Beecon and Press on button for Hard Sleep Mode

Have Fun!!!
Attached Images

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-04-16 at 09:27.

The Following 15 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Posts: 32 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
Awesome! I have used the script you provided earlier for the whole day and results have been fantastic. i have at least doubled the batterylife of my phone with it. i just placed the script to /etc/pocketmode and created the widget and vola!
Im going to try out your hard sleep mode now and im sure it will make my life even better!

Posts: 32 | Thanked: 12 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Finland
I have used this hard sleep mode for 8 hours activating it everytime i stopped using my phone. with moderate usage my battery % has dropped from 50% to 43% in eight hours. That means avarage battery usage has been ~1%/hour. This would make my battery last for 5 days with moderate usage (phone calls and text messages). that is absolutely huge improvement!
I´m also using modified kernel(cpu idling @ 125MHz and peaking 500-900MHz on usage)

where can i get the icons?

Originally Posted by iceman600 View Post
where can i get the icons?
You are right, man ... Beecon's icon is now attached at bottom of first post.
If you like a new one ... just create/download your own, size it at your will, give it "hardsleep.png" name, drop it into specified directory, customize QBW size settings accordingly!

Last edited by No!No!No!Yes!; 2010-04-16 at 09:29.

this seems nice (I do it myself atm, with several apps, which is a waste of time)

My question : could we imagine a standalone widget for this feature ?
A simple button to activate/deactivate "hard sleep mode" ?

+1

This looks like a mandatory widget for every N900 owner !

*cough* It would be really nice if it could be packaged in an even more user-friendly way, for those of us who like our code predigested... ;-)

Last edited by SallyJane; 2010-04-16 at 11:46.

The Following User Says Thank You to SallyJane For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by SallyJane View Post
+1

This looks like a mandatory widget for every N900 owner !

*cough* It would be really nice if it could be packaged in an even more user-friendly way, for those of us who like our code predigested... ;-)
Sorry ... no plans for specializing specific Beecons into standalone widgets in the near future.
Maybe extra effort will be spent on simplifying the import procedure ... but to be honest ... priority is very low ATM.
I need to test and stabilize QBW and have it ported to Extras as major goal for short term.

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
wots the easiest way to switch back to a 3g after doing this??

Originally Posted by baron von bubba View Post
wots the easiest way to switch back to a 3g after doing this??
Create a beecon which issues this command:

Code:
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.phone.net /com/nokia/phone/net Phone.Net.set_selected_radio_access_technology byte:2
or this command for Dual:

Code:
run-standalone.sh dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.phone.net /com/nokia/phone/net Phone.Net.set_selected_radio_access_technology byte:0

The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post: