Posts: 909 | Thanked: 216 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Bremen, Germany
Originally Posted by qgil View Post
MeeGo is expected to have a strenght in multitasking.

msa, after 495 posts in this forum you can do better than this. Please let's keep certain level of posts at least in this MeeGo / Harmattan forum.
i thought the " " smiley made clear i was joking...

Originally Posted by qgil View Post
MeeGo is expected to have a strenght in multitasking.

msa, after 495 posts in this forum you can do better than this. Please let's keep certain level of posts at least in this MeeGo / Harmattan forum.

I think he meant the button, the half pressed soft camera button is so addictive for sending apps in the background!

Of course, only if you have camkeyd installed.

The Following User Says Thank You to Bec For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by joshua.maverick View Post
That god it doesn't have the maemo feel. Maemo ui is terrible, embarassingly ugly.
must disagree
i feel exactly opposite

The Following User Says Thank You to bald.eagle.one For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by Rauha View Post
Meego roadmap from same Intel Developer Forum meeting as all screenshots in the thread.
I LOVE the fact that they are committing to new releases every 6 months. Ship early, ship often. Thanks to Fedora, Ubuntu, etc. for showing the way.

Posts: 3,105 | Thanked: 11,088 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Mountain View (CA, USA)
Thanks to GNOME, actually.

Posts: 1,141 | Thanked: 781 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Magical Unicorn Land
I know the screenshots are fake/concept/whatever... but i don't care for them. Looks like some NOKLA phone UI.

People complaining of the looks? Why?

Its nowhere near finished yet so there are gnna be alot of tweaks over this UI. Also Nokia are probably going to create their own UI in order to suit their phones features more!

Tbh, a UI is more impressive when it gets the job done. I want to be able to just do thethings I want to without hassle. I would prefer to sacrifice beauty for functionality and people can always create themes. It doesn't have to have the all the beautiful buttons by default does it!

Give these things time. People are talented at theming so lets hope nokia/intel get the UI functionally perfect and let the theme creators worry about the beauty of it

I'd ask qgil what he thinks but I don't want to stress him

IMHO the number of companies & corporations that joined this project is simply amazing!

I have never (ever) seen such a reaction before, It's truly incredible what Nokia managed to achieve!

Posts: 3,664 | Thanked: 1,530 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Hamilton, New Zealand
I prefered MeeGo UI instead of Maemo5 though. If only N900 have portrait mode then I might change my mind. But seriously MeeGo UI looks nice and simple, and may be better on the frame rate as well. I would not mind to get that UI on my N900 if it would make my N900 smoother and fluid

The Following User Says Thank You to maxximuscool For This Useful Post:
Posts: 670 | Thanked: 747 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Kansas City, Missouri, USA
Originally Posted by Bec View Post
I'd ask qgil what he thinks but I don't want to stress him
Doubt qgil is allowed to give his opinion. Which might stress him a bit too. But I can. Well, really no opinion on these screenshots as it's way too early and they really don't much matter anyway, each manufacturer will have a UI version, plus 'community' versions no doubt will come out. I just know I'd never use an ugly, screen-space hoggin' Playskool UI like WinPhone 7. I'm not 7 years old. Maemo is generally pretty good, better than Android. We'll see what develops...

IMHO the number of companies & corporations that joined this project is simply amazing!
I have never (ever) seen such a reaction before, It's truly incredible what Nokia managed to achieve!
Yeah, if they back up words with action. Just me talkin' and I could be wrong, but I really believe MeeGo will be huge in 2-3 years, a real game-changer. 2-3 years ago I was sayin' the same thing about Android while showing people my new G1. They all thought I was nuts then...not so much now.
Registered Linux user #266531.