Okay, just FYI.

I changed the hidden=true in the .browser file.
I stopped and restarted the browser, no new menu option.
I finally thought of looking at the .browser file, it had changed back to hidden=false.

Make sure you exit the browser before editing the file.

Posts: 11,700 | Thanked: 10,045 times | Joined on Jun 2006 @ North Texas, USA
Originally Posted by johsua View Post
I'll take the bugs with the alpha/beta software - certainly beats silence! Hooray to the developers. I thank you.
Absolutely. The Wells Fargo access alone makes every bug I've seen worth it for me. I saw a while back that this browser was coming but couldn't get everything I needed to get it installed... so the past few weeks were sure frustrating!

Posts: 17 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2007 @ Cupertino, CA
Originally Posted by zerojay View Post
Anyone try any extensions for firefox with it yet?
Unfortunately, the announcement said that Microb does not include XUL, so Firefox extensions which add/modify the UI are not going to work. I don't see a port of the Extension Manager (yet?), so I'm curious to see to what degree add-ons will be supported.

Posts: 86 | Thanked: 7 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ Ocean City
Thank you!
This Mozilla-based Browser has allowed me to sign-in and choose a station on Sirius.com, but no sound. Could not get that far with Opera.
I'm guessing that I need a plug-in or something like that.

Posts: 52 | Thanked: 2 times | Joined on May 2007 @ Northeast USA
Overall I'm impressed with the browser, I hope the recent firmware update and now this new browser is the start of a nice stream of updates and enhancements we can look forward to... Once the kinks are worked out of this new browser it will definitely be an improvement....

I applaud Nokia for engaging the community by releasing beta-ish software for public trial and feedback. The software is, as noted by Nokia, far from a 1.0 release state. By releasing this software, they give us a chance to benefit from it early and for us to find bugs that would not likely encounter through what seems to me to be an under-sized internal software QA program. Make sure that in using the software, if you encounter bugs/rendering errors, etc. that you report them officially by using bugzilla and not just gripe about them on the board. I know that a lot of Nokia's developers hang out here, but a post reply is not the same thing as a detailed bug report.

Originally Posted by spiderx View Post
For those running OS2007 on 770 - this will not work on your system yet...
This makes me sad, but hopeful. What are the chances Flash 9 support would come with this, should 2007HE incorporate this update?

Yeah, yeah...this is all great...but all just part of Nokia blowing the iPhone race. The n800 (I have one and a 770) is just a disabled iPhone-category superphone. It is insane that I cannot simply connect with Sprint Power Vision...that I have to grub around searching for somebody's unprotected Wifi node. YIKES! Are we ABSOLUTELY SURE that the n800 doesn't have cell circuits in it??!! We never suspected that it had FM radio. So...this is all good news...but we are ohhhing and ahhhing over a piece of hardware that has been made obsolete by the iPhone. Until Nokia has the balls to put a phone in the n800 (SAME SCREEN PLEASE)...we'll just be messing around with a clever, but outdated, piece of gear. Sorry Nokia...but that's how I see it.

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by Rocketman View Post
I applaud Nokia for engaging the community by releasing beta-ish software for public trial and feedback. The software is, as noted by Nokia, far from a 1.0 release state. By releasing this software, they give us a chance to benefit from it early and for us to find bugs that would not likely encounter through what seems to me to be an under-sized internal software QA program. Make sure that in using the software, if you encounter bugs/rendering errors, etc. that you report them officially by using bugzilla and not just gripe about them on the board. I know that a lot of Nokia's developers hang out here, but a post reply is not the same thing as a detailed bug report.
I totally agree 100%, and everyone should be aware that this is unfinished, untested, beta (even alpha) quality "Developer" software (aimed at Developers, not end users) and set their expectations accordingly. If it doesn't work, screws up a device (requiring a reflash) or messes up other applications - too bad, that's why it's Beta (file a bug!)

Nokia are concious of the fact they normally only release polished and well tested applications to end users and this "release early, release often" approach is new for them and they don't want end users trying out beta software and going away disappointed, thinking that Nokia are releasing poor quality software for Internet Tablets.

Test this Beta software only if you are prepared for the consequences!

Posts: 3,401 | Thanked: 1,255 times | Joined on Nov 2005 @ London, UK
Originally Posted by albertkarel View Post
Yeah, yeah...this is all great...but all just part of Nokia blowing the iPhone race. The n800 (I have one and a 770) is just a disabled iPhone-category superphone. It is insane that I cannot simply connect with Sprint Power Vision...that I have to grub around searching for somebody's unprotected Wifi node. YIKES! Are we ABSOLUTELY SURE that the n800 doesn't have cell circuits in it??!! We never suspected that it had FM radio. So...this is all good news...but we are ohhhing and ahhhing over a piece of hardware that has been made obsolete by the iPhone. Until Nokia has the balls to put a phone in the n800 (SAME SCREEN PLEASE)...we'll just be messing around with a clever, but outdated, piece of gear. Sorry Nokia...but that's how I see it.
Nonsense Post of The Day (NPTD).

Good luck using an iPhone on Sprint by the way (oh no, that won't work either). There's probably a technical reason (your cellular phone, perhaps?) which may explain your problems with the N800/770 on Sprint... but it's always easier to bash the N800 isn't it, particularly when you think it's "in a race" with the iPhone. Sigh.