HI,

I'm running a fully updated N900 on Titan/Lehto's maemo22 over-clocked kernel with ~40megs in rootfs (awesome work you two, BTW!).

I know I'll have to disable some repos to clear more rootfs in order to install PR1.2, but will I also have to flash back to stock kernel before the PR1.2 install as well?

Thanks,

digittante

Happy to field questions where I can help.
================================================

I'm not an expert, or even a knowledgeable in this particular area, so this is just a guess.

If PR1.2 includes new kernel stuff, the update probably flashes over whatever kernel is installed. Then it wouldn't matter what you've done previously with the kernel.

But if PR1.2 doesn't include a new kernel, ie if it uses the PR1.1.1, I doubt the update would flash a new kernel in conjunction with the update process. This can lead to issues if PR1.2 isn't compatible with any changes a modified kernel, like Lehto's or Titan's overclocked ones, has.

The safest thing to do is flash the original kernel back before updating. Just in case.

Posts: 5,795 | Thanked: 3,151 times | Joined on Feb 2007 @ Agoura Hills Calif
I'm not going to follow MrThunderfield's advice. I'll post here if my N900 is vaporized. Titan says his kernel is PR 1.2 safe.

better to be safe than sorry...