Active Topics

Posts: 119 | Thanked: 124 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Brazil
Originally Posted by RevdKathy View Post
Am I the only one who *****ed my head off about the calendar? I even pointed out in the text reply that because it's closed source maemo.org can't fix it.
I also suggested someone with half a brain and an n900 to try stuff out on be given the job of running the Ovi store...
I am sure you are not the only who complained... But if you actually suggested that George W. Bush should run Ovi Store, you may not be taken seriously...

Jokes aside, I would like to suggest to those who are answering the survey to make their critics less emotional. Most of us work or worked for large companies, and probably some marketing guy will be reading the answers to compile it in a executive report. Emotional statements could be easily ignored, while complains with solid arguments have more chance to be considered. At least it is my opnion...

The Following User Says Thank You to russo_br For This Useful Post:
Done.

Fired off a broadside about the USB and keyboard bezel issues, as well as the *dire* state of Ovi store and Maps.

Moaned about the battery life :-)

And suggested improvements for Calendar and Mail.

Other than that, gave some high scores for the things I like about the N900 (virtually eveything else), including the community support ;-)

The Following User Says Thank You to SallyJane For This Useful Post:
Posts: 54 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Finland
Done.

Good questionnaire in my opinion.

Now just spread the word since the more people answer and give their opinin now when they have an official chance the more likely it is that there might be something actually done too!

Thank you for everyone who have taken the time to chip in!

really loooong!

The Following User Says Thank You to kangyu29 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 370 | Thanked: 443 times | Joined on Jan 2006 @ Italy
Done, let's hope it had been an hour well spent

Complaints against Maps, nice and usable but poor feature and no sync app calendar, short battery life, mediaplayer clunky and slow, USB on wrong side and weak
Great UI, great conversation and contact management, sometimes wrong clicks and missed calls, globally best device ever until today
Anyway, I don't expect my opinion being too different from 90% of this forum users' one

And last one...

Q: What have been your disappointing moments with N900?
A: When Nokia announced free navigation for every phone on this earth with a Nokia logo on its face EXCEPT N900

The Following User Says Thank You to jurop88 For This Useful Post:
Posts: 433 | Thanked: 312 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ U.K
thats one long survey, glad thats over.
lets hope we get something back next firmware.

The Following User Says Thank You to Tiboric For This Useful Post:
Posts: 90 | Thanked: 22 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ North Carolina, USA
I took the survey.

The Following User Says Thank You to davbost For This Useful Post:
Posts: 29 | Thanked: 20 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ Ireland
I did my bit, my gripe is how such a powerful device lacks so many basic features. Kept it nice and civil, rather be constructive then abusive.

The Following User Says Thank You to feighery For This Useful Post:
Banned | Posts: 388 | Thanked: 57 times | Joined on Mar 2010
Completed and asked better integration with Google mobile apps I want Google Earth running in this device.

Posts: 2,173 | Thanked: 2,678 times | Joined on Oct 2009 @ Cornwall, UK
Originally Posted by kojacker View Post
Kathy, did you realise that bears don't count as real friends, and that your daily tea party with Dr Paw and Mama Snuggles doesnt count as going out with friends?

I only ask as I hope you didnt skew Maemo's questionnaire results on how horribly geeky and lonely we all are, or you may now be seen as the socialite of the n900, aka the Paris Hilton of Maemo.
I never go out with friends! I'm always here on maemo.org. Of course, I wouldn't have my friends here if it weren't for my mobile phone...

I can assure you I did nothing to damage the geek quotient, even though I don't have a basement.

Mind, taking that customer survey put me in the perfect mood for giving e-harmony hell in their customer satisfaction survey!

The Following User Says Thank You to RevdKathy For This Useful Post:

Tags
survey, take me