are you guys conservative about your battery? like turning down brightness, not using widgets etc.?

im just wondering what are the viewpoints on this because i feel that to enjoy n900 to the max by having all the widgets i want running, have brightness up for the best experience, always connected online and so on... i thought you should enjoy it all if you want to dont let the battery life hold you back and miss out the nice bright screen, being connected all the time, have useful widgets running...

i've seen some people on here are afraid to use thier n900 to the max due to battery life issue ... and i dont think that they are enjoying the n900 as much as they should be but that's just my opinion so what are yours?

btw i carry extra batt in my wallet all the time

Posts: 889 | Thanked: 537 times | Joined on Mar 2010 @ scotland
i'm not that worried about it, but i still never have my brightness on full on any phone because of the wastage on the battery. i dont think it looks that much better to justify it, and excessively bright a lot of the time anyway, i ony use a few widgets, wifi connection is on power saving mode but always on. and my battery life is okay.

its a sad day when i can't slip at least one hitchhiker reference in somewhere.

well not full brightmness but i certainly dont turn it down to 2 bars like most people...i have it on 4... but when watching a movie putting brightness to max is just amazing on n900 ...

i definitely forgo 'active' widgets. I use full bright

I use 3 bars brightness most of the time

At full brightness there are darker lines between the rows of pixels, a bit of an interlacing effect, that annoys me..

Posts: 1,187 | Thanked: 816 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Australia
On iPhone I am very conservative. N900 has changeable batteries and they're around $5 each! WASTE AWAY!

With everything smartphones do today, they all have battery issues. Battery technology just isn't keeping pace.

I keep my phone on a GSM network and only switch to 3G when I want to do something data intensive like surf the web. I turn the screen brightness down.

My N95 was the same way. If I turned on 3G and Joikuspot and bluetooth and GPS and watched a live streaming youtube video on full brightness and a couple other things, I could kill a fully charged battery in less than an hour.

That might be a fun challenge for everyone: How quickly can you kill a fully charged battery in your N900?

Video or it didn't happen.

Winner gets.... my P900. Anyone remember that little gem?

Posts: 247 | Thanked: 37 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Los Angeles
Not at all. I have 2 spares. I only needed 1 so far....

Posts: 2,142 | Thanked: 2,054 times | Joined on Dec 2006 @ Sicily
Since I use the Mugen battery, I'm much more relaxed...

Posts: 762 | Thanked: 395 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Helsinki
I use wifi switcher to (truly) switch off the wifi component when its not in use and that drastically increases battery life. I haven't noticed the screen brightness affecting battery life much, so I have the brightness around 3 bars. The brightest settings is a bit overkill IMO. When I go to bed I try to remember to kill all connections and switch the phone to use 2G.

However in daily use I'd rather burn down the battery rather than hold myself back, so I too need to carry a spare battery with me every now and then.

I try not to think about conserving battery, because technology should serve me and not the other way around.