Posts: 14 | Thanked: 0 times | Joined on Jul 2007 @ Barrow-in-Furness, england
Hi guys

Very first post here, as I'm about to get a Nokia N800. The question is an obvious one... is there anything I should be installing on there before straight away, any must have apps?

Thanks in advance

Matt

Posts: 57 | Thanked: 3 times | Joined on Mar 2007 @ liverpool
Well it all depends on what you want to install or need!

what type of things you into ?

cheers

Originally Posted by nyleridedog View Post
Well it all depends on what you want to install or need!

what type of things you into ?

cheers
Crikey that's a tough one. I'll be using it to blog, I seem to always have a lot of music on my phones, plus movies too. I use my N95 for Sat Nav, so having that functionality on my N800 would be lovely. I'm more kind of looking at the things you long term users install, and the reasons behind you using those apps.

At the end of the day, you guys know best.

The first I install is 'simple launcher', which lets me add icons to an applet on the home screen, to launch the _other_ great apps without having to search the menu!

(The only little thing with simple launcher is that if it's installed the home screen tends to go white after you install any other application. Simply select the home menu (it's there, even if invisible in all the white), tools, set background picture, OK, and all's well.)

simple launcher looks handy, i was just reading about it. Any thoughts on the sat Nav side of things? I've got an external GPS receiver which i use with my N95 (it's so much better than the internal) so I just need to be pointed towards a program. and maybe instructions on how to use it!