Active Topics

Notices

Originally Posted by jakiman View Post
One thing I found extremely annoying is that it does not remember the individual beecon settings.
So if I accidently close 1 beecon/snippet, I lose all the settings on how it looks and I have to redo it all over again.
I just had to recreate the same widget multiple times.... =(

Would be awesome if you can create design templates. (just like being able to create scripts)
Function is already there ... see following post for exporting Instance Settings:
[HowTo] Export/Save Procedure for Beecon Instance Data

Queen BeeCon Widget
[HowTo] Export/Save Procedure for Beecon Instance Data

1. Once you finished working with your customizations, click on the "Advanced" button (1)

2. Confirm that we are PROFESSIONALS and we know what we are doing. Button (1)

3. We reach the Advanced Settings and Tools Dialog Box... scroll down to the bottom.

4. We reach following screen. If we press Button (1), we export the Instance Data into the Import/Export buffer, the with Button (2), data will be automatically selected and copied into our clipboard.

5. Dismiss all QBW settings dialogs by clicking on top area of the display and open Notes application from applications menu

6. Create New Note and paste your clipboard there [Ctrl-V]

7. Save Note using a name of your choice

8. If you need to RESTORE, just open back your saved note, select all text, copy to clipboard and proceed according to this post:
    Import Procedure for Beecon Exported Instance Data

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by zimon View Post
This BeeCon widget deserves its own wiki page from the start, because it is so versatile, flexible and usable for many things. This thread will become huge and people will ask the same things multiple times.

Great work!
I believe you are right, but since the beginning I did not find much feedback and interest about QBW ... proof is still no karma and feedback in QA testing queue

I'm trying to keep this main thread in order and see if Wiki is really needed...

Posts: 1,427 | Thanked: 2,077 times | Joined on Aug 2009 @ Sydney
Thank you. Now I can at least export the settings.
But would be awesome if it was integrated into the widget's settings screen.

IMO, QBW is a far more superior widget the the DCEW.
All the things DCEW lacks, you've added into QBW.
Amazing amount of work. Awesome set of instructions.
I'm no longer using DCEW as this is like DCEW version 3.0 and some. lol

btw, I cannot get output to word wrap within the snippet mode.
Is this possible for big text outputs? (so output doesn't go outside of the box)

Last edited by jakiman; 2010-04-16 at 10:26.

Hi
Can anyone tell me please how to change the default look of beacon to say square icons? I dont want to keep setting sizes - is this possible?

Originally Posted by slewis1972 View Post
Hi
Can anyone tell me please how to change the default look of beacon to say square icons? I dont want to keep setting sizes - is this possible?
Sorry ... could you please explain what you'd like to do? I'm not sure I understand your request.

The Following User Says Thank You to No!No!No!Yes! For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by slewis1972 View Post
Hi
just change the beecon to snippets... (upper left corner of the settings)
enjoy...
and pls give the author karma and feedback so we can have a wiki

Originally Posted by Patola View Post
Just search the wiki, man. The information you want is on the Phone control page:

Open link in browser

Code:
dbus-send --system --type=method_call --dest=com.nokia.osso_browser /com/nokia/osso_browser/request com.nokia.osso_browser.load_url string:"google.com"
i have firefox installed... how about if i want to launch firefox... its not on the wiki. can you provide me a code? not good at terminal commands... lol

thanks

Posts: 169 | Thanked: 41 times | Joined on Apr 2010 @ Portugal
Hi all.
I have done a script to one of those widgets, but it is freezing my device, hildon desktop stop works, and other strange things.
I've tried to uninstall it, but when re-install, the configurations are there too.
I cand access the configuration to modifiy the script, phone hangs up.
I can acess the x-terminal and filesystem over ssh.
So..what file and where is it, that stores the script code so i can 'edit' it other way then the default one ?
Or, anyway to remove\uninstall with the defenitions too ..

help please

Originally Posted by nokian-series View Post
Or, anyway to remove\uninstall with the defenitions too ..
http://wiki.openvz.org/Package_managers#Commands
Code:
dpkg -P queen-beecon
rm -r /home/user/.queen_beecon_dir /home/user/.queen_beecon

The Following User Says Thank You to zimon For This Useful Post: