Posts: 60 | Thanked: 13 times | Joined on Jan 2010 @ Oregon
Originally Posted by GotGlint View Post
Right so I have wii control installed and can get the nunchuck to connect.

When i play a game I can play for about 1 minute before the game goes back to the dr.noksnes home screen. what's wrong?

(also I've installed open ssh on my n900 and Putty on my pc and can ssh into the n900 but I don't know how to move a file from my pc to n900 any help?)
I think if you go into Dr.NokSnes setting and uncheck the 'pause game in the background' option it should run continuous without problems.

The Following User Says Thank You to Ikari For This Useful Post:
Originally Posted by GotGlint View Post
Right so I have wii control installed and can get the nunchuck to connect.
Howd you get the nunchuck to connect?

Can someone help me set up a custom config file for vgba (on the N810)? I've been reading through the thread, and I'm not quite understanding how to edit the config file.

Note: I like to play with both hands, so I want the controller to be sideways, where the layout is as shown in the picture below.

Last edited by elimoon8; 2010-04-07 at 22:30.

Posts: 241 | Thanked: 69 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Germany
I successfully configured wiicontrol with drnoksnes, but it randomly exits the game and returns to the menu, when I press 2 buttons simultanously. Is this problem common?

@elimoon8:
I think you should edit the general gamepad section for use with vgba. then in wiicontrol click on "gamepad" and setup the vgba-control like the controls in the config:
Gamepad Mode Config:

[Left] # dpad left
[Right] # dpad right
[Down] # dpad down
[Up] # dpad up
[e] # A
[q] # +
[Escape] # -
[a] # 1
[w] # 2
[KP_Enter] # home

Gamepad+Gyro Mode Config:

[s] # dpad left
[d] # dpad right
[Down] # dpad down
[Up] # dpad up
[e] # A
[q] # +
[Escape] # -
[a] # 1
[w] # 2
[KP_Enter] # home
[Left] # gyro left
[Right] # gyro right

The Following User Says Thank You to raily For This Useful Post:
I should have been a little more clear. I have an N810, and the file seems to be a little different.

When I go to usr/bin/wiicontrol and edit it using vi, I can see that instead of:
[Left] # dpad left

it's something like:
A: [a m]

but some entries have a "k" like:
A: [k space]

and I don't quite understand the difference.

Also, programming the gryo is kind of strange. Am I correct when I assume tilting the controller forward (with the front edge going down) is gyro up and backward (with the back edge going down) is gyro down?
I want to reprogram the gyro to work as the arrow keys do in the sideways orientation of the controller.

Is it possible to connect more than one Wii controller?

Thanks for the great project

Last edited by Dima202; 2010-04-16 at 13:10.

Originally Posted by Ikari View Post
I think if you go into Dr.NokSnes setting and uncheck the 'pause game in the background' option it should run continuous without problems.
I get the same problem. I can play for about a minute or less no problems, then wiicontrol quits suddenly and I am left without control of the game. Does anyone know what is going on? I have unchecked the option stated above and it still doesn't work for any longer than before.

Note: I am using a high quality imitation of the wiimote.

Posts: 327 | Thanked: 249 times | Joined on Sep 2009 @ Λεμεσιανός, ρε!
Originally Posted by kwurk View Post
I get the same problem. I can play for about a minute or less no problems, then wiicontrol quits suddenly and I am left without control of the game. Does anyone know what is going on? I have unchecked the option stated above and it still doesn't work for any longer than before.

Note: I am using a high quality imitation of the wiimote.
Ah, you have the same sort of problems as I had. I later bought an original used Wiimote and I have not had any problems of the sort since then. It has something to do with the non-Nintendo hardware in those things.

Posts: 378 | Thanked: 206 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ Denmark
Im getting this error: it shuts down as soon as it connects to the wiimote... it used to work fine...

Code:
Found wiimote at address 00:24:44:AC:27:A4
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/wiicontrol", line 515, in <module>
    Wii.connect()
  File "/usr/bin/Wiimote.py", line 219, in connect
    self.rx.connect((self.addr,19))
  File "<string>", line 5, in connect
bluetooth.btcommon.BluetoothError: (22, 'Invalid argument')