Notices

has anyone noticed that the location tagging is not working 100%
I'm in the uk
If I open another app say BarrioSquare, and check my location there it's 100% correct, I then open tweego and send a tweet with location tag, it puts me somewhere else.

Thanks
Chris

My Blog

Retweets (by others) don't show up in my timeline on Tweego, while they are there on the twitter.com site. Am I the only one?

Posts: 3,617 | Thanked: 2,412 times | Joined on Nov 2009 @ Cambridge, UK
Originally Posted by bheetebrij View Post
Retweets (by others) don't show up in my timeline on Tweego, while they are there on the twitter.com site. Am I the only one?
That's the same for all the other Twitter apps I've tried (both on the N900 and the PC), so it may be something they don't make available via the API.

Originally Posted by euanandrews View Post
So whats happening?

I have not seen any updates or comments from the Dev in here for a little while now.....is this project still all go?
Hello euanandrews,

We're working on the DM and Replies right now.
I already added support for the GPS, to get exacts coordinates. You can choose to obatin coordinate by IP or GPS now.

Originally Posted by stobbsc View Post
has anyone noticed that the location tagging is not working 100%
I'm in the uk
If I open another app say BarrioSquare, and check my location there it's 100% correct, I then open tweego and send a tweet with location tag, it puts me somewhere else.

Thanks
Chris
Hello stobbsc,

The problem is that it gets your coordinates by your IP. But I already added GPS support, now you can choose between IP or GPS, it will be available on the next release along with DM and Replies tabs.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to rodavelino For This Useful Post:
Hi,
With the current extras-dev version it appeared to record my location as (0,0) -- is this a known issue?

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
Originally Posted by planetf1 View Post
Hi,
With the current extras-dev version it appeared to record my location as (0,0) -- is this a known issue?
can you read reply just before yours before posting something. people i understand you want to get answer but you have to read and look around before. it's not that everytime someone will come to you and give you answer personaly

Posts: 1,389 | Thanked: 1,857 times | Joined on Feb 2010 @ Israel
rodavelino, is there a way to compile the source from gitorious right on n900? or maybe you can make nighty builds for testers?

i'm not clear from the previous posts. I infer that the current version already has gps support, and that it is IP that is being added.

since i already had a gps lock when using maps/camera i would expect tweego to use. also if it couldnt read to not post location or better to defer posting for up to minute to allow time for data to be acquired.

hence confusion and question.

Posts: 147 | Thanked: 53 times | Joined on Dec 2009 @ West London, UK
I've been using this app for the past couple of weeks, and it's a real star. Congratulations and thanks to all concerned.

I've noticed a couple of bugs over long-term use, which I've reported over at the Tweego Garage. If you've a preferred bugtracker let me know - that's all I could find

.....I've also been using this app as my main Twitter app and its great!!

However, there is one thing that I think its seriously missing, and that is automatic updates. Is it possible to add this so that it can auto update (even in the background) so that we don't have to keep hitting 'update' all the time to see the latest tweets....?! (I'm currently trying out an alternative Twitter app - Mauku, which does exactly this. I have it in the background and as it auto updates, I can just switch to it whenever I want to check the latest news without constantly hitting the update button.)

Tags
tweego, twitter